iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I got a card

Started by Tom, October 23, 2005, 02:56:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

Hurricane Wilma has dumped her first water on us today, but I finished the job I was on anyway.   I got home, all wet and bedraggled, with a pocket full of money and what do I find stuck in the keyboard of my computer but a greeting card envelope.    I opened the card and it's from my wife.  It reads "Happy Boss' day!  I may not be the perfect employee........ (inside) Oh, wait- yes, I am.  .....Nevermind.

signed Love, your guasi employee!

Kinda neat, eh?

Jeff

I guess so, since I would have to GIVE one to Tammy.  :-\
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SwampDonkey

Yup!  :) SOoooooooo, she's asking to tail on the mill? ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Tom

She's the book-keeper and investor, Swamp.  She also handles all of the purchasing :D

Day before yesterday she helped me trim some boards that were left from the little job I did here at the house and also helped me break the mill down and hook-up to the truck.  Her parting comment was "You do understand that this is your dream, not mine, don't you?"  :D

Jeff, I figure you got a bunch of business' going on there.  You gotta be boss of something. 

I didn't even know I was until today. :D :D

SwampDonkey

Tom, that's certainly the way it is with mom and dad. If anything happened to mother my father would be... 'befuddled'. ;)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

Tom, I am.

No matter what they may tell you, I decide what I am going to wear in the morning, and I do it EVERY DAY!

Tom

What's that feel like, Jeff?   

I got to pick out my shoes the other day, but I was in Moultrie. :D

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Jeff B on October 23, 2005, 03:36:48 PM
No matter what they may tell you, I decide what I am going to wear in the morning, and I do it EVERY DAY!

:D :D :D :D :D  Too funny. I know where your coming from though. ;D

Ernie_Edwards

Quote from: Tom on October 23, 2005, 03:47:54 PM
What's that feel like, Jeff?   

I got to pick out my shoes the other day, but I was in Moultrie. :D

Tom,

Shoes are always my decision. I get to decide which one to put on the left foot and which one to put on the right.

What more could a guy want.

Ernie Edwards

Jeff

QuoteI get to decide which one to put on the left foot and which one to put on the right.

Ernie, truthfully now, are there days when you get the feeling that you could have chosen better?  :D

Ernie_Edwards

Jeff,

I do get confused at times, something to do with having two left feet...

Ernie Edwards

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Ernie_Edwards on October 23, 2005, 04:57:38 PM
Jeff,

I do get confused at times, something to do with having two left feet...

Ernie Edwards

A little jig about 'Two Left Feet'

Scroll down the page to the sample on link above ;)

Ernie_Edwards

SD,

Cute. Had to have my mind in high gear to keep up with it.

Ernie Edwards

DonE911

A card??  thats real nice of your wife ..... to let you think your in charge that is ;D

I get to pick out my own clothes every day.....  sometimes not until noon though :D

Mary has decided she needs a job around the mill... she has chosen the job of deciding what I can and can not burn.....  problem with that is that she thinks every little scrap can be used for something other than a fire.....  its gonna get pretty cold in the house this winter if I don't fire her soon.

Frank_Pender

Some of you boys in the East, need to come to the West and learn how to be the boss.   I run my own mill operation and the bookkeeping is done by the wife.  I just threaten to take it to someone else if she does not want to do the books. 8)
Frank Pender

Paul_H

Hey Frank,
what colour is the sky in your world?  :D
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Frank_Pender

Paul, it sure ain't blue.   I has been wanting to drizzle here all afternoon.  Alice just took Rowdie 111 down with her to feed the blind horse and she cuased it to begin drizzling even more.  I finished the Oregon Oak I was sawing and decided to call it a day as well.   :'(  Suppose to be better for a couple days 8) 8) then rain for several.  :'( :'( :'(
Frank Pender

Fla._Deadheader

Paul, I DO believe that went right over Frank's head.  ::) ::) :D :D :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Frank_Pender

No FD, it did not go over my head.   I just refused to play his game.  I do not wear rose coloured (sp) glasses.
Frank Pender

Kirk_Allen

Come on, we all know Franks is the boss..........................until Alice jumps on the FF.  Then the game is up Frank ;D

Fla._Deadheader

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Jeff

I have "Alice" in my list of reserve names so no one can take it. Its all ready and belongs to Mrs. Pender when she's ready to gets on here to giterdone.

Furby

Um.......... how big is that list?

Frank_Pender

Man, do you think I will tell her.  You are out of your trees folks.  I have to have a couple of last bastians around this house and the Forum is one. :-X :-X :-X :-[ ;D ;D ;D
Frank Pender

farmerdoug

Furby,  You just may not want to know the answer to that question.  :P Jeff may have to have you removed if you continue that line of questioning. :D :D :D :D :D :D

Farmerdoug
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

DanG

Not to worry, Furb.  Jeff can't get rid of you, now that you're our OFFICIAL Walmart greeter. ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Furby

Took me a minute to get that one! :o
VERY funny DanG! ::)

Best be careful he don't fire me and give you the wally world job! ;D

SwampDonkey

Part_Timer

I haven't been around as long as some of you and I'm not as wise as most of you and I haven't been married as long as some of you but I know one thing for sure.  The WIFE is the boss.  Things just go smoother if I admit it and let life go on.

P.S. For those of you who think I'm sucking up your right.  This is not one of my safe places.  THe boss lurks around here as well as at home and I ain't taking no chances.   :)  I love you dear :-* :)

Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Thank You Sponsors!