iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timber Framer Guild

Started by shopteacher, October 23, 2005, 09:33:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shopteacher

I found the guild web site at school and somewhere on it came across a link to download information on about 6 chapters of timber framing and illustrations of joints that can be used and where they are used.  I printed the first three and can't find where that link is again.  Do any of you know where I can find it?  I left the  printed papers at school and wanted to read some of the info before classes tomorrow.

Since being led to this section (Jeff B)  of the forum I gotten a deal of insight and information of the TF subject. As with the other sections here what a great place to learn from.  smiley_clapping  If there were a smiley with a bunch of lumps on it head I would have used it here for the beating I took on the wanted section.  ;D
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Raphael

Was this the page you down loaded the PDFs from?

http://www.tfguild.org/publications/historictrusses.html

Lots of interesting stuff in there.

... he was middle aged,
and the truth hit him like a man with no parachute.
--Godley & Creme

Stihl 066, MS 362 C-M & 24+ feet of Logosol M7 mill

shopteacher

Thanks for the reply Raphael.  That wasn't it, but it started me to look again and I finially found it.  It's under publications.
   Historic American Timber Joinery - A Graphic Guide   Written and illustrated by Jack Sobon
  It states "  You are free to view this on-line, to download and print out the PDF files at no charge. "  and is some wonderful information.

http://www.tfguild.org/joinery/joinery.html
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Raphael

I forgot that was there as well...  An excellent resource.
I got a print copy at the 2004 TTRAG conference and have gone to it more than once during my housing project.
... he was middle aged,
and the truth hit him like a man with no parachute.
--Godley & Creme

Stihl 066, MS 362 C-M & 24+ feet of Logosol M7 mill

Thank You Sponsors!