iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Drying Amboyna Burl

Started by Chairman, October 21, 2005, 07:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

serg

DEN hi!
I congratulate you! Vacuum drying of a tree of exotic breeds - gives new era in drying business.  8) 8)
Speed of drying or quality? I have chosen quality of drying, you have confirmed it!
I congratulate All with Christmas!
The best regards.
Sergey.

333_okh

I took a look just to see if your experience would help on the burl.  I think it will sit for a few years then get cut into smaller pieces for use.  When I do that I will rough plane the outsides and go for a warmer drying.

Den Socling

I think you said you had pieces 4 to 6 inches thick. You won't believe how well that much twisted grain can lock up water. In the meantime, your few years of air drying will be hard to control. If the outside gets too dry, that can really seal the water inside. If you have an idea of what sizes you are going to want, maybe you should rough it out now.

serg

Hello!
Vacuum drying works quickly, small expenses, beautiful quality!
Anegeria ssp. Macassar  Black oak  W = 5.8  - 6.0 % ;)

Sergey.

Den Socling

Sergey,

You can't stick the ends or did you break a board in half?  :D What's with those weird looking ends? That doesn't even look like wood!

Den

serg

Hi,Den. I measured humidity in middle of a board when has sawn it half-and-half.
                                                                                                              Sergey

Den Socling

Just found this in my mail.

The picture - not the chair  :(  :D

Den Socling

serg

Den, I and Mr. Parker congratulate you!
Beautiful work! 8)
Sergey.

Den Socling

Thanks Sergey but Parker did all the work. All I did was worry for three weeks.  :D

serg

Den, anxieties were finished.
Vacuum - for ever.
Sergey.

Norm

Wow! Thanks for showing us Den.

TN_man

That is incredibly beautiful :o
Thanks for sharing the pics with us.
WM LT-20 solar-kiln Case 885 4x4 w/ front end loader  80 acre farm  little time or money

Den Socling

I just got another picture from Parker. He was hoping that yield would be high enough for maybe two chairs. Look at this.

Was that $25K each! And he thinks he may get a third.

Beautiful work by Parker and I'm pretty happy with the old vac kiln.  8)

Thank You Sponsors!