iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

WIIIIIILMAAAAAAA!

Started by Furby, October 19, 2005, 09:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Furby

Anyone taking odds on wether this thing makes mainland land fall as a cat. 5 ???
I'm thinking those folks at the Moultrie show better stay put.

beenthere

Sounds like its chasin Teri up North :) What are the odds of that?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Part_Timer

I don't know know about that but I'll guarantee the longer it stays a cat 5 the longer my 401k will be a tropical depression  ::)
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Corley5

Last night before I went to bed it was a lowly Cat 2.  I got up this morning flipped on The Weather Channel and they were talking about the lowest pressures ever recorded, and record intensification to a Cat 5 :o :o :o  To top it all off Dad, Mom, and Grandma were leaving Friday morning for Grandma's annual migration to Central Florida.  They've postponed their departure until Sat. morning at the earliest.  Doesn't look good for parts of Fla but what parts will get it???
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Furby

Not only that but has set the record for the most wind speed increase in 24 hours...... 105 mph, the fastest ever. :o
Tied the record for most named storms........ 21
Tied the record for most hurricans......... 12
Let's hope this thing don't set a new record for damage! ::)

Teri

Its not looking good at all.  :( :( :(

People are calling and cancelling their appointments with us and they are leaving town.

As bad as I hate to say this... I am staying. (furby you can relax now, ;D)
I still don't know for sure if I am staying here in the trailor or going over to stay with my boss at their house.

I have my brother and sister in the area,and if something does happen with any one of us,at least we can help each other. I got supplies in (food,water)
so all i have to do is throw some clothes in a bag and leave.

All I am going to say is.....
This will be my last hurricane. I am heading to the country in the near future!

crtreedude

Teri,

I think someone is trying to tell you something. There is a reason Florida is flat - it has been ground down by the hurricanes!

So, how did I end up here anyway?

Teri

I think you got that right!!!

I was just offered a plane ticket out of here for the weekend,but I turned it down. :(  :(  :(    UGH!!!!!!

sawguy21

I dunno Teri. Haven't you had enough? I certainly would be looking for a new address by now.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Teri

Working on it as we speak!!!!! ;) ;) ;) ;) 8) 8) 8)

Patty

Good luck to you Teri...and to all the folks in Wilma's path. We folks up north here will be thinking of you. ;)
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

asy

Quote from: Teri on October 20, 2005, 05:33:18 AM
All I am going to say is.....
This will be my last hurricane. I am heading to the country in the near future!

Gosh Teri,

I'd be heading to a whole nuther country...

Aussieland is nice. And no Hurricanes.

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

crtreedude

So is Costa Rica and you can keep your Dad out of trouble...

By the way, the name of this hurricane is causing problems around here. We have a worker named Wilma who only sort of speaks English, so Amy and I can't use the name of the hurricane when talking about the storm, otherwise she thinks we are talking about her.

Can you imagine? "It looks like Wilma is really going to destroy things this week..."  :o
So, how did I end up here anyway?

Teri

Thanks for the moral support everyone... :)

Sorry Fred... I'm not heading south!!!  ;)

Corley5

Mom's gonna call Northwest today and if they can get their tickets home changed they're gonna put the trip off a week.  They don't want to go to Fla during a hurricane ;)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Furby

Why not ???
Not a lot of tourists. ;D

Teri

The weather experts are saying it could hit sometime monday  night or tuesday morning. I wish it would come through already. It might be a cat 2 when it hits Fla.and come off as a 1. The track puts it just south of us by about 2 hours.

Teri

Coming home today almost all the vehicles I saw had out of state tags! It doesn't look like they are leaving.  :)

Furby

Yup, they keep saying it should be a low end one when it makes it's way to Florida.
I'm figuring if they are wrong.......... we are all screwed. :-\

Teri

The longer it stays over land, the better it is for us.

I just wish it would hurry up,blow through here and get it over with. The longer the wait, the worse it is. I heard everybody say that yesterday,and i agreed with them. 

Ernie

No hurricanes, snakes or  poisonous spiders in New Zealand
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

CHARLIE

You can always get a fairly current satellite picture of Hurricane Wilma by clicking on this site. It's interesting to watch it's progress and see the actual size of this thing.

http://www.weatherunderground.com/tropical/tracking/at200524_sat.html
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Teri

Just got done boarding up the windows. It sure is dark in here!

We have a HIGH THREAT for tornados because of the cold front moving in. :(

I still have until dark to decide if I leave or stay here.

Paul_H

Quote from: Teri on October 23, 2005, 02:06:53 PM

It sure is dark in here!
I still have until dark to decide if I leave or stay here.

I hope you're safe wherever you are.(I vote that you get out of there)  :)

Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Teri

Thank You Sponsors!