iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Making a bandsaw bed.

Started by squirrel hunter, October 19, 2005, 08:50:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squirrel hunter

I work as a buyer at a steel servise center and I can get the material to build a bed pretty much at cost. The only thing I wold have to buy is the long pcs all the cross section I could get out of the scap bin.

My questions is. Is there any of these manual mill companys that will sell you just the head unit? Because most of the ones I see don't come with a long enough bed anyway.

PawNature

These people will sell the complete carriage or just part.
http://www.linnlumber.com/
GOVERMENT HAS WAY TO MUCH CONTROL OVER OUR LIVES!!!!

Radar67

Hey Squirrel Hunter,
   I don't know of any, but it couldn't hurt to call a few of them. Even if they won't sell just the head, as long as you are purchasing a manual mill, the rails probably wouldn't save you that much money. I am currently building a new rail system/trailer for my mill. I am going to use my factory rail system and add to it. (Using 2x6x1/4 tube to support it).

Welcome aboard, you will find a lot of friendly people here. (and get a lot of questions answered too) ;D
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

wiam

Squirrelhunter,  I know a guy that just bought a Norwood.  They will not sell just a carriage? ::) ::) ::)

Will

Flurida_BlackCreek

I'm happy anywhere south of the mason-dixon line.
-- cdb

JimBuis

Try www.cooksaw.com and you will find that it works much better.
Jim Buis                             Peterson 10" WPF swingmill

Murf

Actually it works both ways, whether you put one "S" in it or two.

The 'puter doesn't like 4 W's in the beginning much though..........  :D
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

Flurida_BlackCreek

Well, my keyboard is paying the price, for my reading the forestryforum and drinking coffee at the same time. It can be dangerous......
I'm happy anywhere south of the mason-dixon line.
-- cdb

Thank You Sponsors!