iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pics from Moultrie

Started by DanG, October 15, 2005, 11:54:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanG

I took a little trip to Moultrie this afternoon, to drop off a few assorted peckerpoles and lightered knots for Ga_Boy and Captain to slice up next week.  I snapped a couple of pics, so I'm starting a new thread for all the Moultrie pics for this year.  This oughta be a good'un! ;D 8)

This is my buddy, Ben, who towed the big borrowed trailer for me with his fancy truck.  We just put a fresh 7.3 diesel engine in that truck.  It's a pretty sweet ride. 8)  That trailer is a hoss!  Toted a heavy load up there, then blew a tire on the way home.  Go figger. :-\ ???

I drove my old rag truck pulling the famous $300 trailer with a pretty respectable load.

Things were pretty lonely around the Forestry section of the show.  Other areas were pretty active, though.  There must have been a thousand tractors already there. Here is our humble little pile of logs.

"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Radar67

Hey DanG,
     You need to bring some of those logs my way!  ;D
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

DanG

I was a little late pulling out the camera today, but I did manage a few shots.

Doublecut demo's the Doublecut.

looks like I inherited Swampdonkey's blue moon. :D :D :D

There were tractors EVERYWHERE!  This bunch looks like they're having a group hug, but it was a long shot with the 8x zoom.

Seems I heard this guy mentioned on the Forum just this morning. ???  This is their biggest model, with all the options.  Price tag is a mere 48 grand.

"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Jeff

Did dem boys get Mr. Tom's bench built?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

DanG

Yep.  Now Tom's got pine tar on his butt. :D :D  I'll get some pics of it tomorrow.(the bench, not Tom's butt) :D :D :D

Had a great time today visitin' with Tom, Woodbowl, DonE911, Captain, Ga_Boy, and Doublecut.  Lookin' for more members to show up tomorrow.  Oh, I almost forgot I had a nice chat with Tom_in_Mo, too. :)

Minnesota_boy

That oughter teach Tom to watch what he sits on.  Nex time make the bench out of paper birch and there won't be no pine tar and it will look good too, especailly if you get on of the older birch with lots of heart.  Leave it live edge and you will have a cool fringe too!  8) 8)
I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

Tom

Can't find any pine tar on my tookus!
I know where to put it.

Where in the world is one to find paper birch in Moultrie Georgia? :D

What a fine bench the Peterson Boys made.  Here are Me, Dang and Captain showing everybody how to use it properly. 8)

Captain

Now that's some good company  :)

Made it home at 12:30AM this morning.  Many thanks to all the Forum members who stopped by, and especially DonE911 and DonK for all the help!!

Captain

DanG

Actually, there were 2 benches, one with a back and one flat one.  Here are DonK and Woodbowl getting to know each other.  It is always amazing to me that FF members are instant friends, whereever you go. :) :)

Captain

...and you feel like you already know them.  DonK jumped right in...

DanG

Yes he did!  This guy's got sawdust in his blood, for sure. 8)

Here's a shot of another Don that did a heap of work. DonE911

I sure had a good time getting to know "The Don Brothers."   :D  We sat around the camp until well after midnight, shooting the bull and trying not to wake up the neighbors.

DanG

I caught this character lurking in the shadows.

In case ya didn't know, that's GareyD.  Sure was good to see him again. :)  Wish he coulda stayed longer.

GareyD

DanG, is it yer camera...or them pants what makes my butt look fat ??? ???

I wasn't at the show but about 5 hours, but I managed to get a few pixs ;D

Lindsey was sure enuff having a bit of trouble with the climate change from B.C. to Georgia...he was looking for any shade he could find...I do admire the way he stuck with it though ;)

The Captain was helping Ga Boy on the Peterson until he got shavings in his drink cup :D :D :D

Wish I coulda been around the show longer this week, I originally planned to spend all three day til some of my customers found my weakness...they waved money at me to keep me in Atlanta ::)
The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best friends, if they're okay, then it's you.

DanG

:D :D :D  I think that fat butt was part of somebody else sitting on that stack of lumber.  I dunno what's your excuse for that thing hanging over yer belt in front of ya, though. ::) :D :D :D

DanG

There were quite a few old tractors there.  Here's a few of'em.

Here's a cute little kitten.

There were hit n miss engines, too.  This one runs on wood gas from that cooker on the back.  Thing is, the old hit n' miss just hits.  It don't miss.  He had that old puppy running like a diesel for about 2 hours.  I never saw one of this type engine run so fast!

Just to clarify, the green one runs on wood smoke.  That big red one in the background is more conventional. ;)

Fla._Deadheader

Might be a " Throttle and Governor". They don't miss.  ;) :)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Ga_Boy

I rolled in to the drive at 8:20 AM on Friday morning.

Thanks to the Don's for the all the help.  We had some good times there.

DanG, I'm glad you were able to sell all that material at the show.  Nice to know you did not have to load and unload.

10 Acers in the Blue Ridge Mountains

DonE911

GA_Boy,

Glad you made it home ok...  I rolled in about 0100 friday morning and I was beat....  My wife asked me how the Atlanta traffic was and for the life of me I can't remember....  I'm sure it was normal... (bad)

I had a great time and learned alot from Captain and Ga_boy.....  thank you both for answering stupid questions :D

Special thanks to Don K for helping out when he could have been wondering around the show.  You just gotta love it when a woodmizer owner is tailing for the Peterson crew :D :D :D

I'm glad DanG got all that lumber sold at the show.....  I really didn't wanna stack it again :D

I'm looking forward to next year already.....  hope its a little cooler though.... even 85 degrees would be an improvement.

DanG... got any pics of you and woodbowl's latest vehicle repair adventure?? 

woodbowl

Don, here is the proof that DanG "DOES" actually work.............. sometimes. Even if it's because he's broke down and a-foot, that aught to count for something. He'll pull yer' leg if you don't watch him close.                              
This is what DanG looks like first thing in the morning. Yall don't say nuthin', he's sleep workin'!!!                                                                                       Nothing like driving down the road with brakes and suddenly realize that yer' driving down the road without brakes!  It's enough to make a body decide to fix em'!!!                                 Now that's a blowen caliper!...... We took off headin' for the parts store just knowing that they wouldn't have that odd ball part for that odd ball year model. Well........they did! An hour later we were back in buisness! Now we can go see some more sawdust fly.

Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

Don K

Howdy boys!!        Glad to see all the marathon drivers made it home safely. I rolled in about 11:45 Thursday night.   My biggest problem on the drive home was having to unbutton my shorts so I could breathe because of all the H2O I drank on the drive home.    :o  :o

Hey, I didn't mind tailing for you Peterson guys at all......ya'll was offering free sawdust to snort!!     :D

Thanks to the other Don for everything, maybe I can be the host next time.  I'll try to have quieter neighbors though.   ;)

It was good to meet DanG, Tom, Woodbowl, Ga_Boy, Captain, DonE911, Thiggy, GareyD, and Pineknot. I felt like I have known you guys forever. I'm looking forward to the next meeting.

Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

GareyD

Quote from: Don K on October 21, 2005, 07:18:58 PMHey, I didn't mind tailing for you Peterson guys at all......ya'll was offering free sawdust to snort!!     :D

Thanks to the other Don for everything, maybe I can be the host next time.  I'll try to have quieter neighbors though.   ;)

Wish everyone coulda been there to see the 2 Don's tag teaming that offbearing...while I supervised from under the Peterson tent :D :D :D

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best friends, if they're okay, then it's you.

DanG

I wuz thinkin' Woodmizer was havin' a ugly log contest with theirselves. ::)

They had got ahold of a bunch of "deadhead" cypress logs with lots of pecky wood.  It's ugly stuff, but it turns a nice color of green when ya sell it.

DanG

Never saw one of these before.  It's a Spanish tractor that goes by the name of "Ebro".  Didn't get the year model, but it's a decent looking machine.  Probably not many dealers around, though. ;D :D :D :D

DanG

JeffB needs this to pour a patio in front of the guest shanty.

DanG

Baker displayed their usual impressive array of mills and equipment.

OneWithWood

Quote from: DanG on October 21, 2005, 10:23:01 PM
Never saw one of these before.  It's a Spanish tractor that goes by the name of "Ebro".  Didn't get the year model, but it's a decent looking machine.  Probably not many dealers around, though. ;D :D :D :D

DanG, that's a tractor you would not have to worry about anyone stealing - Its purt near invisable!! :o
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Hammy

Nice photos DanG - Good to see the Peterson boys made a bench seat for Tom this year!!

Just wanted to take the opportunity to thank the Petersons RC's & FF members who helped out in some way at the Peterson site this year.  We really appreciate the support!! From all accounts Chris & I missed a cold one this year huh? ;D

Thanks again!

C. Hammond
Petersons

Jeff

I spent a little time with DanG and I think you and Chris probably missed out on SEVERAL cold ones. :D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

DanG

Well, howdaya like that!  Somebody ripped off my Ebro tractor.  I knew I shouldna left tha key in it. >:(

Here's another one.

DanG

Hammie, ya need to have a little heart to heart chinwag with Kerris, concerning a trip to Moultrie next year.  Even a lowly Business Development Manager deserves a little holiday in a civilized environment, from time to time.  If ya can make that sale, I'll buy ya a beer. ;D

blueox

Dan,
Thanks to you, we would never have know what the Forestry Forum was. So I'm checking it out, and low and behold you have a beautiful picture of the Big ox! This is cool. Thank you so much for putting our picture out there. Even though you state that it's for a mere 48 grand...we obviously braught the whole kit n' kaboodle with us. Our basic units start at 28 grand and with options such as size, dump, 8' sides, 10' sides, telescopic booms, winch, attachments, ramps, tool box, brush bucket etc...well then the price makes its way up to 48 grand as with the one we featured at the show. Thanks so much for talking about us and taking our picture! We really appreciate it! I enjoyed seeing all the pictures and captions from the show.

Have a great day.

Laurel
Blue Ox Equipment

DOT Highway Approved Log Load Trailers. For your ON Road Multi-Purpose Use

Tom

Welcome to the Forestry Forum.  Enjoyed meeting you at Moultrie.  Don't run off.  Stick around and find out what we are all about.  :)

DanG

Hi Laurel. I'm glad ya stopped by, and I hope you'll make regular visits with us.  While you're looking around, take a look at the "Logging" section, as well as the "Sawmills" board, and you'll see that there is a great deal of interest here in moving logs and other material.  This is the #1 forum on the internet for forestry related subjects, and this is where people come when they need an answer.  Not only does The ForestryForum provide a place to show your equipment, but it is overflowing with ideas for new products.  Stick around a while, and you'll see what I mean. ;)

doublecut

Quote from: GareyD on October 21, 2005, 10:32:12 AM
DanG, is it yer camera...or them pants what makes my butt look fat ??? ???

I wasn't at the show but about 5 hours, but I managed to get a few pixs ;D

Lindsey was sure enuff having a bit of trouble with the climate change from B.C. to Georgia...he was looking for any shade he could find...I do admire the way he stuck with it though ;)

The Captain was helping Ga Boy on the Peterson until he got shavings in his drink cup :D :D :D

Wish I coulda been around the show longer this week, I originally planned to spend all three day til some of my customers found my weakness...they waved money at me to keep me in Atlanta ::)
Hey that's muscle all muscle bought and paid for
doublecut

UNCLEBUCK

Good pics,good show DanG !   smiley_thumbsup
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

Thank You Sponsors!