iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Dolmar Saws

Started by Tome, October 12, 2005, 11:12:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tome

Has anyone had any experience with Dolmar chainsaws?  I have a friend that sells them and was wondering if they are any good.

Thanks,
Tom

ronwood

Tome,

I bought one Model 109 with an 18 in bar. Seems to perform well.

Ron
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

SawTroll

Here is the result of a search for Dolmar on this site:
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?action=search2

The Dolmars generally have good reputations, the problem has been availability of dealers and service.
Information collector.

luke2

I've got two.   An orange 401 and a blue 540. Both are magnesium saws and seem very solidly built. 401 really woke up with a muffler mod and carb tune w/o limiter caps. This saw has been very reliable and remarkably nice to operate. Very light and good power. Ran 540 for about 3 tanks and sent it out to be Neigerized. It was ok, but I was looking for more. It is built very similar to the 401. Been told by others that they take a long time to break in (loosen up) but last forever. 

DonE911

I have a 540 in blue (makita) and like it.

It was a troublsome critter out of the box, but after some tuning it was fine..... after the muffler mod and retune'n it became another saw altogether. 

I've read that alot of folks really like the 7901 alot.  I don't have one so no opinion there. 

ehp

Dolmar saw are fine, I like some better than others but the same with ever brand out there. The 7900's is as good of saw as any out there right now, we will see how good the new 5100 is here shortly

RSteiner

I still have a model 123 which I have owned for many years, nice saw however it is a little on the heavy side compared to the same size saw today.

I have own three of them over the years and only have problems with one, it had a bad ingintion part which the dealer changed under warrantee.  It is difficult to find someone in this area that sells and services them now.

Randy
Randy

Dolmar_Tech_Mgr

With the new distribution network IDN (Integrated Distributors Network) our network of Dolmar dealers is growing faster than ever in my 20 year history with Dolmar and Sachs-Dolmar.  We are constantly getting reports of new dealer sign ups.  Many new dealers were in the booth this past week in Louisville and were glad to see another quality brand available.  I feel very confident that any past problems with lack of dealers will be out of the way in the near future.

Kirk_Allen

DTM, welcome aboard.

Sure would be nice to see some chian saw company sponsors for the Forestry Forum! 

ronwood

Dolmar_Tech_Mgr,

Welcome aboard. I just bought a Dolmar Model 109 about a month ago. Has been working well. I second Kirk Allen comments about it being nice to see a chainsaw company sponsor the forum.

Ron
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

Thank You Sponsors!