iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Another Jonsered Question

Started by Coon, October 11, 2005, 03:57:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coon

It's been so long since I have set the carb on my Jonsered 630.  I can not for the life of me remeber where the high and low needles should be set..

As for that matters I don't even remember the last time I did a carb kit on that saw....
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Minnesota_boy

For starters, screw them both in until they just touch bottom.  Too much torque on them will damage the seats.  Now back them out just one full turn.  That should make the saw start.  Adjust the low mix until it idles smooth.  Hit the throttle for a quick blip.  The saw should rev up smoothly.  If it hesitates or dies, adjust the low speed mix a bit richer.  Now rev it up to max and hold it a bit.  Let it come back to idle.  It should have been a smooth scream with perhaps a bit of burble to it.  Adjust it just an eigth turn richer (counterclockwise) and try it again.  If it still doesn't burble, it's either too lean or the carb needs rebuilt.  Now try it on a peice of wood.  It should have no trace of burble left when it is cutting.  A little tweaking to get the maximum power and you are done.
I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

Kevin

Both screws are turned out 1 1/4 turn from a lightly seated position but I'can't say what the ideal rpm is for that model.

Thank You Sponsors!