iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Anyone want to help cut a frame in Durham/Chapel Hill, NC?

Started by Joel Eisner, October 10, 2005, 12:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joel Eisner

I am building a 5-bent 22x40 house above a CMU garage in Chatham County, NC (Durham/Chapel Hill area).  We cut the SYP trees on-site and milled them with a saw mill on-site.  The frame rasing in planned before the end of the year. 

I am currently finishing the posts and will continue with the girts, plates, braces etc.  If anyone is interested is helping with cutting the joints in the evenings or weekends shoot me an email (joeleisner@yahoo.com).  I have done most the work myself so far (i.e., 1200 block CMU foundation) but would like to share in the jointery.

Beer and coffee is included    8)

Thanks

joel
The saga of our timberframe experience continues at boothemountain.blogspot.com.

mark davidson

wow, wish I was closer, I'd come over for sure.... you should post on the tfguild site as well....  http://www.tfguild.org/ubbcgibin/ultimatebb.cgi
I'm not sure if you need a password to post, though....
good luck on your frame.

Joel Eisner

We had our first Chatham County timber framing meet yesterday.  Bob from the forum drove 2.5 hrs from Lynchburgh VA and we worked on jointery all day.  We got one girt (2 parts) completed.  The joint list inlcuded 1 scarf joint, 4 post mortises, 4 knee brace mortises and 2 birds mouth joints.  Hats off to the Forum and  Bob ...  we had a great time.  Ill try and post some pictures soon ... when I figure how to do it.

8)
The saga of our timberframe experience continues at boothemountain.blogspot.com.

Thank You Sponsors!