iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Another GREAT Log Rite Tool!

Started by Kirk_Allen, October 09, 2005, 08:22:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirk_Allen

Picked up ANOTHER FIRST from Log Rite this weekend at the Paul Bunyian Show.  I guess this was supposed to be Frank Penders but since he didnt show up I got the first one!   Thanks Frank 8) 8)

Tom_Averwater

Poor Frank  . Looks like he missed out again!  DanG it Kirk I wanted that axe. Tom Averwater
He who dies with the most toys wins .

Bro. Noble

Well Kirk,  I certainly wouldn't want to be in your shoes :(  I expect a call from Frank at any moment to pick up a load of rocks on his way to have a talk with you ;)
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Kirk_Allen

Lots of folks there wanted it and I KNOW Frank was supposed to get it but I kicked in those special bartering skills and talked Kevin out of it 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Jeff

I had it in my hot little hands over a month ago.  ;D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Frank_Pender

Well, Kirk, it is a good thing I do not live closer, as you might have a midnight visitor.  Be careful with hatches, they have been known to scalp some folks.   Perhaps, one day I will be honored enough to get one of the new tools, first, out here on the Left Coast.  Mine is to be in the mail tomorrow, along with an order from Logrite. 

Just be careful, Kirk, of all new visotors or folks you meet., as one may have been one of my students, getting redemption for me.   :D :D 
Frank Pender

Kirk_Allen

Frank you know you would never do anything underhanded or be associated with anthing of the liking ;D

It sure is a nice tool!  Let me know what you think of yours WHEN you get it.  Since I already have mine I think its great but was wondering what you thought about it. 

If yours is in the mail today then we should here back from you by Thursday, which is another disadvantage to being a west coaster :D :D.  Had you lived close enough to be at the show you could have had the FIRST one :D :D

OneWithWood

Be careful there, Kirk.  That thing looks like it might do more than black your nail should you miss  :o

Got to hand it to those Logrite folks.  They come up with some good ideas for aluminum handled tools.  Can't wait to see what they will come up with next.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Frank_Pender

Keep rubbing it in, Cowboy, or your boots will get full. 8)
Frank Pender

Kirk_Allen

Well Frank I do have to say, Kevin was not going to give it up but after some bartering with Tammy (took all of 5 seconds :D) Tammy said SURE you can have this one.  You came to the show :D

Moral of that story, CALL TAMMY :D

OneWithWood

Frank, I just read elsewhere on the forum that you drug home another toy.  I understand the setimental attachment to the old tractor but this Logrite tool is brandy new with no such attachment.  You need to let some toys go because there is a limit to the amount of toys you are allowed.  I understand Allison knows what that limit is  :D  ;)
One With Wood

Captain

Kirk may have taken it, but I did manage to give it a test BEFORE it disappeared.....even left a mark on it....didn't you too Ga_Boy??

Captain

johnjbc

I marked it to :D :D and I'm from Pa
Sorry Frank
LT40HDG24, Case VAC, Kubota L48, Case 580B, Cat 977H, Bobcat 773

Frank_Pender

What sort of markings did you folks put on "Kirk's" axe? 

Kirk, I always knew who the boss was in that outfit. 8)  I have just been humoring Kevin, when I deal with him. :D

Onewithwood, if you are speaking of my "wife", here name is Alice.  Now, if there is an Allison around in my world, I am not yet aware of her. ;D
Frank Pender

Ga_Boy

Captian,

Yep I did leave a mark on that tool.  It did come in handy when we were trying to decide if them oaks were red or white.

You gotta love taking a brand new tool and being the first to sink it in to some wood.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Kirk, enjoy that there hatchet , it is nice.

Mark
10 Acers in the Blue Ridge Mountains

Kirk_Allen

Frank lets just say that the handle is now marked up pretty good from them folks.  Maybe that there hand eye coordination is not the best when whacking those logs ;D ;D

Frank_Pender

Frank Pender

Tom_Averwater

Frank, I got to mark it up too! 8) Tom

Pete J

These guys are brutal! It's a good thing they are sugar-coating everything instead of saying what they really feel!  :D

Buzz-sawyer

Now captain tell the truth i was there when you were presented with one too Did you get one and mr allen also .or did he out do ya?????????
see this post...whats the deal?
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=14580.0
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Timburr

Frank, at least you get a new one.....Kirk's is shop-soiled and worn out ;D
Sense is not common

Captain

Aww, I did not want to hurt Frank's feelings, but.......

Let's just say that the design is well tested.   :D

Captain

OneWithWood

Ooops!  I dun did it again.  Must be alltimers settin' in or sumpthin.

Sorry, Frank.  Of course it is Alice that knows the limit.  :-[  Allison is another story . . .  ::)

Anyhow,  I've played second fiddle a lot in my life, Frank, you get used to it  :D
One With Wood

Frank_Pender

Onewith wood, she did not lose control when I brought home a 24' boat last Sunday.  She simply laughed herself silly for the whole afternoon.  She had just given away "her" 16' boat to a sister, a few months ago.  Mine is not sea worthy
and I am going to sell it for only $200.  The boat is just a fiberglass hull, with no aminities. :D
Frank Pender

Jeff

Frank, you could bury it and fill it with water for a mill pond.

Frank_Pender

Jeff, I already have a mill pond.  What I wanted to do us put it in the yard for a fish pond and waterfall.   You can bet that flew like pigs at a roast. 8)

Frank Pender

Jeff

Well, dont put a pool in, cause then forestry forum members just see it as a place to have log rolling competitions.  :-\  :)

Furby

Now wait a minute Jeff, as far as I know, no one did any log rolling in your pool at the piggy roast.
I tried REAL hard to talk Kirk into it though. ;D :D

Frank_Pender

Furby, I have as two acre foot pond that is 9' deep.  Anyone that wants,can come around and roll logs in the pond. 8)
Frank Pender

Furby

I'd like to give it a try sometime!

Jeff

Quote from: Frank_Pender on October 11, 2005, 10:06:16 PM
Furby, I have as two acre foot pond that is 9' deep.  Anyone that wants,can come around and roll logs in the pond. 8)

I would, but I'm scared of coming in contact with a body.  :D

chet

Quote from: Furby on October 11, 2005, 09:34:06 PM
Now wait a minute Jeff, as far as I know, no one did any log rolling in your pool at the piggy roast.
I tried REAL hard to talk Kirk into it though. ;D :D

A log rollin' ape, now dat would have been cool!  8)  8)

I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Furby

I tried Chet, I REALLY did, but the ape was really a chicken! :o ::)

beenthere

And that ape what was a chicken couldn't keep 'is 'floating' life jackets on, either.  ;D 8)

The tape wouldn't hold 'em in place after jumping off the roof and and doing the 'firemans' roll.  ;D ;D :D :D

Good thing he stayed outa da pool, dar (as Chet would say).  :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Frank_Pender

Frank Pender

Kirk_Allen

I guess Columbus day set you back a day on shipping.  Sure hope your axe is as nice as mine ;D

Frank_Pender

I hope it is as well.   If there are many defects, you will have to send me yours and I will send you mine.   That kind of offer sounds like our friend in Vermont, does it not? :D :D :D :D :D
Frank Pender

Kirk_Allen

There werent any defects in the one we sent ;D  I think your just making that up to avoid paying for what was delivered. If you dont pay I am going to sick my attorney's on you and you need to know that they are prepaid and frothing at the the mouth to come after people like you  ;D :D :D :D :D :D

Cant wait for you to FINALLY get your axe.  Sure was neet to have another first though ;D  You may not recall but the A.S.S. that Arky was supposed to get came to me FIRST!  I think I might just be in favor with them folks ;D :D

Frank_Pender

Thsat is just because you live closer than me. ;D
Frank Pender

Kirk_Allen

Well Frank I guess being SMART enough to live closer counts for something.  Do you suppose you will get your Axe today or did my bartering cause another weekend without your new toy. ;D

Frank_Pender

Most likely another weekend without a new toy.   How do I bill you, Kirk, for the loss of equipment use.   I would suppose you could calculate that based on a piece of fire app a rat us not being able to be put to use. ;)
Frank Pender

Bro. Noble

Frank,

I hate to be so picky,  but your spelling is getting sloppy again.   If I'm not mistaken :-\------I believe it's upparatass  :o :D ::)

Kirk_Allen

If you cant make up for the downtime without the axe after a week of having it let me know.  This axe is so good I can get double the performance of a conventional axe.  That being the case I would suspect that by next week you whould be all cought up!  

Frank_Pender

Just stay away from the Cherry  Tree. George. ;D
Frank Pender

Tom

Frank_Pender

This is for anyone that has seen the head of the axe.  What would you estimate the width and thickness of the non sharp side of the axe to be?
Frank Pender

DanG

This is just a rough guestimate, but I'd say somewhere between a half inch and six inches.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

beenthere

DanG it Frank, I was going to 'axe' that question, and you beat me to it.  ;)  (and so did Tom!)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Frank_Pender

Well, I have been trying to determine the answer by using Kirk's head, but ZI just can't calculate with that as a comparison. :'(

It is well past my bedtime.  I will dream of new tools and their arrival tomorrow.   Does UPS deliver on Saturday?   ??? We will have to see what the morrow brings. ::)
Frank Pender

Tom

I didn't think it was anywhere as big as Kirk's head.  :-\ :P :D

Frank_Pender

Well, Saturday has just aout come and gone and no new packages have arrived at this hour of 2:27 p.m.. :'(
Frank Pender

Timburr

What is the difference between Frank and Kirk?

Answer... One has an axe to grind, the other just has an axe :D ;D :D
Sense is not common

Frank_Pender

Yep, Timburr, that is a difference alright.  Staturday delivery time has come and gone with no new axe to use or grind. :'(  Now, I have to waite through until sometime on Monday afternoon to see if there is a delivery. :'( :'(
Frank Pender

Jeff

I don't think either has an axe. What I saw was a splitting maul.

tnlogger

wal now I wasn't gona say noffen about dat because i figged kirks to busy with taking care o Jim and all that free wood he didn't looks to close. And frank an't seen it yet so he just going with what Kirk done said.  ;D :D :D :D ;D ;D
gene

Kirk_Allen

Jeff you may have seen a maul at the piggy roast but this is to short to be a maul. It is almost between a hatchet and an axe.  Sure is nice.  Cant wait for Frank to get the SECOND one and give us his thoughts on it. ;D

neslrite

For those of you that are checking this thread 4 or 5 times a day to see when Frank gets his new tool here are the UPS tracking #s 1ZY800W40344809225   1ZY800W40344034062

Kevin
rule#1 nobody ever puts just one nail in a tree  LogRite Tools  www.logrite.com

Furby

WOW!
Poor Frank has to wait two more days.......poor us have to listen to him whine! ::) :D :D :D
Are we suposed to see the second #? ;D

Frank_Pender

So, what are you saying, Kevin?   Is there a message there for me? :P :-\ :-\ :-[ :o :( ;)
Frank Pender

beenthere

south central Wisconsin

Furby

Guess I need to take another road trip, I'm betting I know the address the Harrison one is going to! ;)

Frank_Pender

Boss, boss, boss, the UPS truck is coming today! 8) 8) 8) 8)

Wooops! the 18 is tomorrow.    Kirk has some special information to share with everyone.  I just got off the land line with him.

6:45 a.m.  PDT
Frank Pender

OneWithWood

I would have to agree that ain't no axe.  Ain't no hatchet, neither.  I wouldn't call it a maul either.  It looks like what we call a hand held splitting unit.  Used to make kindling or to split larger chunks done to stove size pieces.

Speaking of kindling, if Frank doesn't get his new toy soon there is likely to be one huge conflagration erupting!   :o

Do you think that package going to Harrison is an exact copy of the one going to Frank?  What do you call a copy of a second?
One With Wood

Frank_Pender

One, guess I will be able to tell you sometime this afternon, when my "copy" arrives.

Woops! tomorrow. :'(  or even the next day.   :-X

They have been designed to be used by the fallers in this neck of the woods, as wedge pounders.
Frank Pender

Kirk_Allen

Frank,

Not sure why but there apears to be a mix up.  UPS arrived this morning, with another Log Rite box addressed to a Frank Pender but it had my address on the box.   :o

Frank, shoot me your address and I will overnight this to you so you no longer axe withdrawels.   ;D

OneWithWood

There appears ot be some evil about . . .
One With Wood

Frank_Pender

Yep, all Hallows Eve.   :D

Wasn't Sleepy Hollow some place in Connecticut? 8) ;D
Frank Pender

Furby

Hey Kirk, I just happen to have Frank's addy, look for an IM. ;)

Bro. Noble

Furby,

Remember to spell Drury,  Mo.  right when give Kirk Frank's address ;)

Furby

I thought Frank lived in GR, MI? ;) ;)

Frank_Pender

No, Furby, I live out here on the Left Coast, between The peoples Republic of California and The Peoples Republic of Washington. :'(
Frank Pender

Furby

Sorry Frank, maybe ya better order another one, the one that got sent to Kirk's is already enroute to GR,MI.  ;D

Kirk_Allen

Isnt there some law that says stuff that is delivered to your house that you did not order you can keep and dont have to pay for?  Seems to me thats the case so I think Kevin may have to just ship another one cuz I need two of these ;D  Sorry Frank. 

Jeff

I got the package coming to Harrison, Not sure why but it aint what I think Frank is getting. THere were two things in the package that came here. Do I get ta keep em Kevin? ;D

I got one of these.
and one of these.

pigman

I guess Frank is too busy playing with his new toy to tell us about it. :( Or maybe the carport is hiding it from him. ::)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Frank_Pender

Pigman, there was nothing new in the carport this day.  I checked it three times this afternoon and the last was just before Kirk called here and did not leave a message, about dark our time. :'(

This is beginning to remind me of the old time game of: who's got the button?

Or, in this case what do the buttons look like that were sent to Jeff?

I would just about bet dollars to donut holes Tammi and Kevin are having a good amount chuckling over all of this fuss about the axe?

I do also hope that they are high and dry with all of the rain falling in their neighborhood.
Frank Pender

Furby

Frank_Pender

That is what I am beginning to think as well, Furby. :'(
Frank Pender

pigman

Delivered on:  Oct 18, 2005 4:31 P.M.   

Delivered to:   DALLAS, OR, US   
Shipped or Billed on:  Oct 11, 2005 

Weight:  13.00 Lbs 
I wonder whose carport got Frank"s package. :-\
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Frank_Pender

Pigman, I am going to up to the carport right this minute and take another look see.  UPS might of hidden it under Merecedes 450 and I missed it completely. :D

Yep, I missed the DanG thing.  It was not in front of the 450, but the Towne Car. 

It is here!  It is here!

I will not be able to use it though.   With all those fine looking signitures all over the handle how in the world could anyone take such a beauty to the brush for pounding wedges.  I will need another to loan out for testing to the cutters.

And, the new brochures: WOW!  They are fantastic.  Thank you both Tammi and Kevin. 
Frank Pender

Furby

They left a package by the "side door" here.
That door was boarded up! :o ::)

Kirk_Allen

Well Frank, in case you havent figured it out yet I will fill you in on a few things.

First and foremost, you have the FIRST axe from Log Rite.

I tried like mad to get it but BOTH Tammy and Kevin REFUSED to let me take it.  That being the case I just HAD to get you going by taking the photo of it and CLAIMING to have gotten the very prototype you asked for :D :D

Now, rest assured BOTH Kevin and Tammy thought this was a GREAT Idea.........................as did EVERYONE else at the show that weekend. 

When Kevin posted the tracking numbers and the first number showed up as having been processed in Illinois I coldnt resist to claim it was delivered to me instead of you.  :D :D

Now I fee kinda bad since you cant use the one we all signed marked 8) 8)

Sure glad you finally got one of those fine tools.  Any chance you got one of those fancy new log scales?  If not, guess what  :D :D

Frank_Pender

I can go to sleep now, know that my axe is home where it finally belongs. 8) 8) 8)

Thank you all that got to sign the handle:

Tamiam
Kevin
Captain
Buzz-Sawyer
John  BC (One letter I could not make out, sorry.)
Mtn. Jack
Ga Boy
Tom Averwater
Frank Pender

Kirk_Allen

Come on Frank, dont take it so hard.  I signed it too  ;D

Frank_Pender

You had better sleepl lightly, Kirk.   I have students all over this country.   I just say jump and they say how high. :D :D

I am also glad you all in the know have had a fun time, at my expense I might add.

I will have to get a couple more units here to put out for trial and error with these mean Northwest Fallers.  That is going to be the real test for the axe.

A real big thank you to Kevin and Tamiam for bringing my dream to reality.   I really believe that it will be a fine axe for fallers around here or anywhere, for that matter. 8)
Frank Pender

Frank_Pender

I do not see your signing, Kirk, honestly.  Taking another look, perhaps what I thought was Kevins signing was really a K  with something that looks like Allen.
:'(

I just tried to take the axe up to the master bedroom and Alice said, "NO way!"
Frank Pender

Kirk_Allen

I should have been a doctor :D  I signed it just below the axe head on the right side (blade to the right).  I signed it lenghtwise to the handle.  I dont expect ANYONE to be able to identify my signature :D

neslrite

I am glad to see that Frank got what he deserved ;D the axe ;D.

I did not sign the axe, so the K scribble is Kirk's.
I think for fun when ever I ship a tool to a FF member I will post the tracking# ::)
Kevin

Frank_Pender

I will be watching the tracking number for you and Tamiam this February. 8) 8) 8) 8)
Frank Pender

Kirk_Allen

Tom_Averwater

As the story unfolds ,  Frank gets what he had been waiting for.  Whew, Frank will probably have to take a couple of days off now .  Just wore him out thinking he was going to get axe number 2.  :D :D     Tom

Pete J

Now about those brochures? Sure, Kevin did a pretty nice job. After all, he got some lessons from a pro, but did anyone notice a major typo on one of the pages? Luckily, I was able to proof read it and caught the error as soon as we got 1000's of them back from the printers. Doh!

Rumour has it that version 4 of the official LogRite brochure will be a collectors item. It should be the first one without errors.

neslrite

Frank,
Was there anything else in the box? ;D

Lucky you called before the trashman came ;)

Thank You Sponsors!