iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Another GREAT Log Rite Tool!

Started by Kirk_Allen, October 09, 2005, 08:22:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kirk_Allen

Picked up ANOTHER FIRST from Log Rite this weekend at the Paul Bunyian Show.  I guess this was supposed to be Frank Penders but since he didnt show up I got the first one!   Thanks Frank 8) 8)

Tom_Averwater

Poor Frank  . Looks like he missed out again!  DanG it Kirk I wanted that axe. Tom Averwater
He who dies with the most toys wins .

Bro. Noble

Well Kirk,  I certainly wouldn't want to be in your shoes :(  I expect a call from Frank at any moment to pick up a load of rocks on his way to have a talk with you ;)
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Kirk_Allen

Lots of folks there wanted it and I KNOW Frank was supposed to get it but I kicked in those special bartering skills and talked Kevin out of it 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Jeff

I had it in my hot little hands over a month ago.  ;D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Frank_Pender

Well, Kirk, it is a good thing I do not live closer, as you might have a midnight visitor.  Be careful with hatches, they have been known to scalp some folks.   Perhaps, one day I will be honored enough to get one of the new tools, first, out here on the Left Coast.  Mine is to be in the mail tomorrow, along with an order from Logrite. 

Just be careful, Kirk, of all new visotors or folks you meet., as one may have been one of my students, getting redemption for me.   :D :D 
Frank Pender

Kirk_Allen

Frank you know you would never do anything underhanded or be associated with anthing of the liking ;D

It sure is a nice tool!  Let me know what you think of yours WHEN you get it.  Since I already have mine I think its great but was wondering what you thought about it. 

If yours is in the mail today then we should here back from you by Thursday, which is another disadvantage to being a west coaster :D :D.  Had you lived close enough to be at the show you could have had the FIRST one :D :D

OneWithWood

Be careful there, Kirk.  That thing looks like it might do more than black your nail should you miss  :o

Got to hand it to those Logrite folks.  They come up with some good ideas for aluminum handled tools.  Can't wait to see what they will come up with next.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Frank_Pender

Keep rubbing it in, Cowboy, or your boots will get full. 8)
Frank Pender

Kirk_Allen

Well Frank I do have to say, Kevin was not going to give it up but after some bartering with Tammy (took all of 5 seconds :D) Tammy said SURE you can have this one.  You came to the show :D

Moral of that story, CALL TAMMY :D

OneWithWood

Frank, I just read elsewhere on the forum that you drug home another toy.  I understand the setimental attachment to the old tractor but this Logrite tool is brandy new with no such attachment.  You need to let some toys go because there is a limit to the amount of toys you are allowed.  I understand Allison knows what that limit is  :D  ;)
One With Wood

Captain

Kirk may have taken it, but I did manage to give it a test BEFORE it disappeared.....even left a mark on it....didn't you too Ga_Boy??

Captain

johnjbc

I marked it to :D :D and I'm from Pa
Sorry Frank
LT40HDG24, Case VAC, Kubota L48, Case 580B, Cat 977H, Bobcat 773

Frank_Pender

What sort of markings did you folks put on "Kirk's" axe? 

Kirk, I always knew who the boss was in that outfit. 8)  I have just been humoring Kevin, when I deal with him. :D

Onewithwood, if you are speaking of my "wife", here name is Alice.  Now, if there is an Allison around in my world, I am not yet aware of her. ;D
Frank Pender

Ga_Boy

Captian,

Yep I did leave a mark on that tool.  It did come in handy when we were trying to decide if them oaks were red or white.

You gotta love taking a brand new tool and being the first to sink it in to some wood.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Kirk, enjoy that there hatchet , it is nice.

Mark
10 Acers in the Blue Ridge Mountains

Kirk_Allen

Frank lets just say that the handle is now marked up pretty good from them folks.  Maybe that there hand eye coordination is not the best when whacking those logs ;D ;D

Frank_Pender

Frank Pender

Tom_Averwater

Frank, I got to mark it up too! 8) Tom
He who dies with the most toys wins .

Pete J

These guys are brutal! It's a good thing they are sugar-coating everything instead of saying what they really feel!  :D

Buzz-sawyer

Now captain tell the truth i was there when you were presented with one too Did you get one and mr allen also .or did he out do ya?????????
see this post...whats the deal?
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=14580.0
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Timburr

Frank, at least you get a new one.....Kirk's is shop-soiled and worn out ;D
Sense is not common

Captain

Aww, I did not want to hurt Frank's feelings, but.......

Let's just say that the design is well tested.   :D

Captain

OneWithWood

Ooops!  I dun did it again.  Must be alltimers settin' in or sumpthin.

Sorry, Frank.  Of course it is Alice that knows the limit.  :-[  Allison is another story . . .  ::)

Anyhow,  I've played second fiddle a lot in my life, Frank, you get used to it  :D
One With Wood

Frank_Pender

Onewith wood, she did not lose control when I brought home a 24' boat last Sunday.  She simply laughed herself silly for the whole afternoon.  She had just given away "her" 16' boat to a sister, a few months ago.  Mine is not sea worthy
and I am going to sell it for only $200.  The boat is just a fiberglass hull, with no aminities. :D
Frank Pender

Jeff

Frank, you could bury it and fill it with water for a mill pond.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Thank You Sponsors!