iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

CASE model 310 crane tractor

Started by treeboy, October 09, 2005, 02:28:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

treeboy

Hi I wondering if anyone has heard of this thing - or if its a one of a kind. It's from an estate sale, the lady says it will lift a car. hydr boom, hydr winch, gd wrking order, takes gas.

I need something to move logs a few hundered yards on old trails. Logs are up to 18" diameter, and I need something to lift those logs - so being cheap one machine hopefully could do both.

I hope the pictures show up, apparently banding your head on the keyboard doesn't help.

leweee

That's quite a jigsaw treeboy :D

looks kind a interesting... 8)
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

dail_h

Is an odd lookin creature. Does the boom rotate? might be a bit difficult to manuever in heavy brush,pull from the rear
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

treeboy

Thanks Furby for the info, nicer to see it as one picture - you can really see how ugly it is. I'm pretty sure the boom won't rotate. They are asking about $2500.

sawguy21

Probably a good thing the boom does not rotate. It looks like it would not be very stable. I think I would want a more conventional loader so I could see where I was going before it nosed over.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Corley5

Never seen anything quite like it :)  Would be kinda  8) to have around but its uses would be limited especially if it doesn't swing and without outriggers on it I've got to agree it wouldn't be real stable ;)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Hoop

It sure is an odd lookin duck.

I agree with others that have stated stability will be a concern.  I don't see why it wouldn't work.......provided you take it very slow and get a feel for the thing.

For someone that is building a log home, either professionally or for themselves, they would do backflips to get a hold of a machine such as this.  Especially if it were priced around $2500.

A best case scenairio for you would be to use the machine for all of your intended work and then sell to someone to use it for log home construction.

Frank_Pender

I would buy in a second, as long as Alice would not see me bringing it home.  That is cool.  When I was not using it I would have it rented out.  I would for sure put some outriggers on the beast when I bought it home. ;D
Frank Pender

Furby

My bet is that it's a homemade job.
That main cyinder is off a case loader.
Looks a lot like my 530 - the boom. ::)
It would be cool to have, but like dail said, it will be a problem in the woods with branches.

wiam

There would have to be some serious counter-weight.  I would be concerned about the front end of the tractor taking very much weight.

Will

Thank You Sponsors!