iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wildflower is Thumpin Tom

Started by Fla._Deadheader, October 05, 2005, 04:34:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fla._Deadheader

Tropical Storm "Tammy" is poundin on Tom in Jacksonville. We put up with her for 2 days, and will be happy to see her move on North.  ;) :) :) ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Tom

It's rained here all day, everyday for a week now.  It's not been dry since Katrina went through the Gulf.  I've not been this wet in a long time.  :)

asy

Quote from: Tom on October 05, 2005, 06:03:34 PM
It's rained here all day, everyday for a week now.  It's not been dry since Katrina went through the Gulf.  I've not been this wet in a long time.  :)

Gee, first Katrina, now Tammy, not havin' much luck with the ladies, areya Tom?  hehe

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Tom

It's the story of my life, Asy, one after the other.  :D

Teri

woodbowl

I'm 5 hours due west of Tom..........it ain't rained a drop here. It's dry as a bone. I just bush hogged around my cypress swamp today. I haven't been able to do that in years........... Now it 's starting to cloud up. Just looked at the weather, it looks like we're gona' get rain for the next two days.
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

Teri

beenthere

Quote from: Tom on October 05, 2005, 06:03:34 PM

Tom. It is high time for you to come in out of the rain now.  ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Tom

You sound like my Grandmamma, Beenthere.

Singy songy.................Boyeeee-e-e-e-z .    Come in out of the rain now.  Supper's almost ready.

CHARLIE

Well, the Twin Cities and the mid-western border of Wisconsin got wet last night.  The weatherman put out warnings that if you live in a low area, to get out and also, the lightning was going to be bad and not to stand by windows. :o   Well, he was right. Lots of areas got flooded including Interstate 494 and Interstate 35. And the rain came!!! Depending on where you lived it rained from 5" to 9" and that's a lot of rain overnight.  Rained off and on all day today.  I walked out in my yard and the ground is so wet it just squished.  I reckon Chet will get some rain fairly soon. It was headed his way.
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

chet

We got it.  :-\   5 inches last night and then another nasty storm late today dumped 3-4 more.  Now da weather man says snow.   :'(
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Jeff

probably be here tomorrow then. Its been sunny and in the mid eighties here all week. I'm ready for fall, but not winter.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

CHARLIE

I think they're getting snow up in Northern Minnesota now.  Minnesota_Boy will be standing knee deep in the white stuff while he's sawing tomorrow.

Tom, I know you're all wet :D but I bet you ain't gonna have snow on top of your mud like Chet will. ;D 
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Part_Timer

let it snow   

let it snow

let it snow

Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

submarinesailor

Tammy due in here night and tomorrow.  We haven't had any measurable rain in 58 days.  Talking about 1"-2" before it moves on.

SwampDonkey

Today will be the last day of 70's weather up here, gonna start gettin Chet's rain by tommorrow morning, promptly followed by Tammy's rain. Weatherman says just showers for us. Our temps are dropping into the 50's for the day and 30's at night. No snow, but I expect a dumping of snow any time after september. Back in the 70's during harvest time we always had snow storms and alot more rain than we get now, and it was cold....burrrr my acking bones. I've seen my father hook the skidder onto the harvester and extra tractors pullin the trucks in the field. Anyone knows how snotty the soil becomes after a snow storm, 10 times worst than 2 inches of rain. 

All this hot weather the past week has taken all the brightness out of the fall foliage and it's turning brown.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

DanG

Been out workin'.  Just had my sammich and thought I'd look in.  It ain't rainin' here yet, but looks like it could most any minute.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Fla._Deadheader

QuoteBeen out workin'.
  Now, THAT'S the biggest croc I've heard in a while.  ;D ;D smiley_horserider smiley_horserider smiley_horserider
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

SwampDonkey

DanG, good thing you got neighbors on the forum so we can get the whole truth. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

woodbowl

Quote from: SwampDonkey on October 06, 2005, 03:17:00 PM
DanG, good thing you got neighbors on the forum so we can get the whole truth. ;D
Yep,  he's tellin' the truth this time. ;D...........We ain't got a speck of rain all day here neither. Sure is threatnin' though.
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

DanG

Just came in from workin'.  Anybody got anything innerstin ta say?  I see a lot of ya have been on here all day. ;D ::) ;D ::)

I kept hopin' we'd get some rain, but we never did.  I got plans for tomorrow, so it'll probbly rain then. :-\
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Teri

Its been pouring here for the last few hours.

pigman

Quote from: DanG on October 06, 2005, 09:31:24 PM

I kept hopin' we'd get some rain, but we never did. I got plans for tomorrow, so it'll probbly rain then. :-\
Rain never stopped me from taking my naps. 8)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Thank You Sponsors!