iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

wood boilers?

Started by Nick B SW Ont Canada, September 30, 2005, 08:26:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick B SW Ont Canada

Hi Folks:

I have googled wood boilers a few times and don't come up with much.  Some of the info that I have found has not been that positive.  I hope to get some feed back from the group of users.  The biggest concern for me is not finding enough brands to do any real comparisons.  The biggest concerns that I read about wood boilers and outdoor furnaces is that they often have such large loops in the fire box or water jackets that they seriously reduced the wood burn temperature. This giving incomplete burn and generating serious air polutants.  Have todays units fixed this issue?   And what are the better brands.

Nick

mike_van

Nick - I have a Harmon [from Pa.]  wood- coal boiler,  it's an add on, I wanted a wood-oil boiler, all I could find was HUGE or tiny,  so the add on was the best way. It's one of the best investments I ever made, all the wood & mess is in the basement, [wife very happy]  It's tied to the oil burner, if it's out the oil comes on.  Whole house has even heat, and - FREE HOT WATER - when the wood fire's on.   Had it about 7 years now,  100% happy -  8)
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

OneWithWood

Nick, do a site search on 'boiler' or 'boilers'.  This topic has been covered many times here and there is a wealth of information in the archives.

I heat with a Central Boiler unit.  Incomplete combustion is not a serious issue for me.  The amount of wood consumed could be an issue for some folks.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Thank You Sponsors!