iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Moultrie Expo 2005.......slipping up fast!

Started by woodbowl, September 09, 2005, 08:59:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodbowl

It seemed such a short time ago that the Moultrie expo seemed so far away. I've got plenty of time to prepare for it so what's the rush? I've made my plans to take a few days, but it's usually the unexpected that throws a kink in the works. I wonder how many Forestry Forum members will make it this year?   Oct. 18, 19 & 20  2005
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

DanG

"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

brdmkr

Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

sandmar

I sure hope to be there. Would be great to meet FF members...and they say it's a great show also  ;)

Sandmar

Ga_Boy

There will be a Peterson 10" WPF there for demos.

I'll also have some LogRite Tools with me.

Send me a PM if you want specifics.

Mark
10 Acers in the Blue Ridge Mountains

Blake22

Blake

DanG

Yeah RIGHT, Blake! ::)  We was thinkin' about bunking at your place for the show. :D :D  I'm gonna be aggavated if you don't show up this year!
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Blake22

DanG, DanG you ain't but 2 hrs & 15 minutes from there.  I'm just a tad less then 1 hr from Moultrie & if I don't break my foot like I did last year I will be there. But I got to be home by lunch to catch the soaps. ;)
Blake

Arthur

Blake22

If  i make it i will lend you a mini TV so you can catch your soaps and not miss anything at moultrie.

arthur

Blake22

Arthur, if you make it to Moultrie I'd rather spend that hour or so bs-n. How long of a trip would that be for you?
Blake

Arthur

First is time spare to be there.  Im sure I can arrange that.

second is the $2500 needed just for the airfare, plus car hire, hotel, food and beer.

third is the 8hr drive to Sydney, 22hrs on plane to Georgia and last is the time to Moultrie.

I will be speaking with Lindsay from D&L next week so will be able to plan with him what may happen.

Would be good to be there for the full show this time.

arthur

tnlogger

I am going to try my best to be there I figger if worse comes to worse and i gets stranded
I can go to DanGs and wait fer rescue  ;D
gene

DonE911

DonE911

For those that are going.... Is anyone camping?  Where ? 

I don't have a camper, but I may bring the wifes horse trailer its got a small sleeping area in it.  Gotz lota tents too. 

Tom

Don,

There are many acres at the front of the grounds designated to camping.  It's as if an entire city grew over night.  If you want to camp, go to the http://www.sunbeltexpo.com/ website and look into it.   I am usually envious of those that I see every day "walking home". (Go to the bottom of the page of "visitor information")

The City of Moultrie is providing camping spots at Spence Field for the 2005 Expo. Rates are $10/night without hookups and $20/night with hookups. Reservations must be made for a minimum of four nights. Reservations will not be accepted after September 30, 2005.

Fla._Deadheader

Sumbody needs to gather up Tom, and hep him some. Better company would be DanG hard to find.  8)  I ain't going, so, somebody step up to the occasion.  ;) :) :)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

DonE911

Thanks Tom

I'll check it out... I was thinking about camping with showers and stuff like that.  I wouldn't wanna stink for more than one day.... that'd be ike being at home :D :D :D

woody

Does anyone need any wood for their demos.  I brought some last year for the Peterson sawmill group.  I live close by and can bring Pine or Hardwood logs to the show for your demos.  Let me know and I will make arrangements.  Thanks,   Woody

doublecut

Well i will be there . Look forward to the visit and the holiday.
doublecut

DonE911

For anyone that might need to know.

I just called to check on the campng situation at the show. 

If you're a lucky person (unlike me ) and have a camper that can use a full hookup, you need to get reservations and pay for a four night stay.... you have to do that by Sept 30th.

If your like me and have a tent or a trailer but none of that special run'n water and electricity you can register when you get there and there is no minimum stay. There is plenty of no-hookup space available.

There are two bath houses with showers so you don't have to stink for the entire show... unless you want to stink or like to stink.

You can get the number to reserve space if needed at the link that Tom posted under general information link.

customsawyer

Wondering who is going to the expo. this year. From all that I have read it is Oct. 18-20.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

DanG

They's gonna be a whole wad of us, Jake. ;D  Just git yer big carcass down there, and then you'll know who all is there.  Who know's?  We may even have some Yankees comin' down. ;D

customsawyer

I wasn't born in the south DanG so one of these days you are going to have to tell me how many is in a wad or a slew or any of these other choise words y'all use.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Fla._Deadheader

Jake, don't go gettin DanG to ponderin an answer for that statement. He ain't too good at ponderin, only cogitatin.
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

DanG

Well, a wad is more than a bunch, but a little bit shy of a plethora.  A "slew", I ain't too sure about.  That's one of them kind of things that's just in the mouth of the speaker, and nobody else has a clue what they're talkin' about.  To me, a Slough is just somewhere for the water to go when the river can't hold it all, but slew is something Jason and the Argonauts did to the Philidelphians with the assbone of a jaw. ???  It's all very confusin', and I can't imagine trying to cypher it all out if you ain't from around here.

Thank You Sponsors!