iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Midwest Forest Products show - St. Charles, Mo. Sept 23,24 2005

Started by Bibbyman, August 26, 2005, 06:48:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bibbyman

Mary and I plan to attend the Mid-West Forest Industry Show in St. Charles, MO. September 23,24 ... if something don't come up to keep us from it. 

Here is a link to their web site for more information and some idea of the vendors that may be there.

Midwest Forest Industry Show back at St. Charles Family Arena in 2005

Last year's exhibitor list

See you under the big ORANGE and black tent!   8)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

ronwood

Bibbyman,

My son and I are looking at coming down on the 24th. 

See you then.

Ron
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

Buzz-sawyer

HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

inspectorwoody

Has anyone been to this before? I gathered it is for the pallet people....am I wrong? Is it something similar to the logging congress only much smaller??

Gadget

beenthere

Here is Bibbyman's thread on it, and some links. The exhibitors list for last year was pretty impressive.

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=13771.0
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Bibbyman

Inspectorwoody,

Here is a link to the Midwest Forest Products show of 2003.  Lots of FF members there - even Jeff and Tammy. 

Lots of stuff to see and do. So come on down! 8)

Midwest Forest Products Show 2003

Warning,  this thread got hijacked a couple of times.  Just keep reading!  :P

Sawing since '94

inspectorwoody

Anybody know of a cheap place to stay?  :) Safe to camp around there?  :D

Kevin_H.

Lynette and I plan on being there on friday. The only thing I dont know is if we are wearing our outback woodshop shirts or our arkansawer shirts  :D
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

Jeff

Kevin! Dont forget the "cookie" for Baker products eh?  See if you can get a picture of Tom with it?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

chet

Quote from: Kevin_H. on September 15, 2005, 03:16:29 PM
Lynette and I plan on being there on friday. The only thing I dont know is if we are wearing our outback woodshop shirts or our arkansawer shirts :D

I thought about wearin' my Arky shirt at da Lake States Loggin' Congress last week. But I wasn't sure if it was such a good idea ta have folks thinkin' BibbyMan was dat far north.  ;D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Kevin_H.

Jeff, I have the "cookie" sitting by the back door. We will do our best to get a good forum pic.  8)
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

Todd

Look for a nucklehead with a goatee, pocket tee, and messy hair...I'll be by the Baker exibit learning to run our new 3667d!!!!Leaving in 45 min.
Making somthing idiot-proof only leads to the creation of bigger idiots!

Bibbyman

Today I got the Dodge 3500 all gassed up, dirt and trash kicked out of the cab, washed the dirty windshield, checked the oil,  and removed the junk we didn't need from the side boxes  - we're ready to head out early in the morning.

8)  Look for us under the big orange and black Wood-Mizer tent!  8)
Sawing since '94

Buzz-sawyer

Hi all
Kirk Allen, Off -bear-err and Buzz sawyer will be at the show Saturday......who else will?
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

ronwood

Buzz.

I am planning to be their with my son sometime in the morning.

Ronwood.

Buzz-sawyer

well, any of us that are there, aside from our hats, can find each other by checking in at the woodmizer den???
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

ronwood

Buzz,

I will have my Woodmizer hat on. Need to buy a FF hat.

ronwood

inspectorwoody

Was there this am for a bit...will be there in am sat. Will be there around mizer tent...saw bibbyman. Look forward to meeting some of you other guys.

Gadget

Steve_M

I plan to be ther around 10AM tomorrow----with my lovely wife if she doesn't dump me and go to the mall.

Steve
2001 WM Super LT40 Electric and WM Twin Blade Edger, just a part timer custom sawing and cutting salvage logs.

Kevin_H.

Here are a couple of pics from the show today
Mary, ElectricAL and Bibby.

here is a pic of the Baker Cookie, Delivered safe and sound.

Well almost safe and sound, It kinda cracked as it dried out...

Cant be there tomorrow, gotta saw. Some one keep an eye on bibby, anytime he got close to the 300 he got this glazed look in his eye's. ;D

ElectricAl

Kevin,

Nice picture of my back :-\

Were you concerned about cracking the lens ;D

Friday morning started out with a Cedar Log delivery by Bibbyman and Mary to WoodMizer.

LT70

Checking out the Board Drag Back

This unit in headed south on Monday for hurricane cleanup.

Linda and I custom saw NHLA Grade Lumber, do retail sales, and provide Kiln Services full time.

Bibbyman

Sam and Pro-Sawyer Mary complememt each other on their fine taste in fashion.

IT'S BIG, IT'S BLUE! Here is the inside shot of Baker's new 36-50 E mill.

Here is the other side.  I think they built it for production sawing.  Like all Baker products,  it's got a lot of steel and BLUE paint!  ;D 

Wood-Mizer's AMWV division had their LT300 system up and cranking out the lumber -  including their E430 edger. 

Here is another shot of Kevin Corder pushing a flitch through the E430 edger.

AMWV Wood-Mizer introduced a new single head resaw at this show.  Here is Kevin_H looking it over.   The bed on the resaw tilts so to make beveled siding.  Price - $7400

That's not shine coming off the Logrite hook used buy the Wood-Mizer team - it's one big honkin' scratch!  They really use them!  I noted Baker had some too.  But their's were blue.

The Orange Wood-Mizer guys introduced the new Lathe-Mizer - here mounted on the new LT28.  They had one of every size mill there - LT10, LT15, LT28, LT40 HD, LT40 Super, and LT70.  Well,  I guess they didn't have EVERY one, they didn't have an LT40 manual mill.

Pro-Sawyer Mary steps up to LT70 and knocks the dust out of a sycamore log.  It was as the show was coming to a close and Mary wanted to get-er-done!

Here is Buzz-Sawyer, Kirk Allen, Ronwood, Off-Bearer, and Pro-Sawyer Mary under the Wood-Mizer tent.

Sorry if I failed to get a picture of or mention the names of other FF members.  I had 4-5 guys come up to me this afternoon that are regular readers of the Forum but have never become a member.  Come on in guys!

Sawing since '94

ElectricAl

Wow I missed out :o

I would have tailed and edged for Pro-Sawyer Mary in a heart beat ;D

Quality lumber and fast 8)
Linda and I custom saw NHLA Grade Lumber, do retail sales, and provide Kiln Services full time.

Buzz-sawyer

I had a great day yesterday hanging out with FORESTRY FORUM members at the Expo in St Charles MO> ..thats the good news.the bad is...that there was VERY little there to see or do....especially since we were charged to park as well as enter.
There where less than half as many exhibits, mills or machines as this photo demonstrates, this lot was empty and also anothetr 5 acre lot.which were full last year.

Here are Mary and Abi making friends!

Here is RonWood buying a dolmer chainsaw

Here are the trees with target attached....they wood make good .50 targets ;)

Plunge cutting for directional felling

Plopping down.a miss!

Here are Andy, His Dad Ronwood, Kirk, And Abi

this mill is built by the Zimmerman family

Bakers chainsaw tooth debarker

And the wood mizer LATHE :D

the action just began as we left the event and found a big suprise when we were showing Kirk allen our sawmil............T.B.C ;)
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Furby

What was the reason for lack of exhibits?

Buzz-sawyer

the managements desire for me NOT to return next year!!
Next year we can have an event at my mill :)
No 5 bucks to park, or 8 to enter...just bring a covered dish 8) 8)
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Furby

You caused a stink ???
Gotta hear about this!

Got any more pics of the Zimmerman mill?

Buzz-sawyer

Naw furbster,
what I mean  is, they MADE me not wanna go back, thats all

........Ask Kirk I wouldnt do a thing like make a scene :o :o......BUT I did about torque the guy with his trucks, cars and gear parked all over my property when we got there ;) :D :D
zimmermans are an Amish family that grow strawberries and have built about 150 of these mills...the head is catalevered horizontally so the blade bites into the log and pulls the head forward as it cuts.
:)
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Kirk_Allen

Come on Buzz.  Tell the rest of the story!   8) 8)

Buzz-sawyer

HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Furby

Now I GOTTA hear more on both the mill AND the the guy needing to be torqued!

Kirk_Allen

I will only say that I knew in a matter of seconds I had better size up the other two fellas and be ready.  Would have been sawdust in short order 8)

Bibbyman

I posted pictures and info on this mill a couple of years ago. 

EZ Boardwalk mill

Here is a picture I took of Mr. Zimmerman and his mill at the St. Charles show.  Looks like he has updated it somewhat with more shielding.  I'm glad to see that.

He's cranking a winch that is pulling a cant hook hook to turn the cant.  I assume the same winch is used to load a log too.

Sawing since '94

Fla._Deadheader

If Buzz has a expo at his place next year, I'M GOIN.  8) 8) ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Furby

You flying in from CR ??? Will it be an expo or a mud wrestling match ???

Ok Bibby thanks, but I still don't understand how it "pulls" it self through the log.

Buzz-sawyer

Harold bring one of your mills and you can be an exHIBITOR!!!!
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Fla._Deadheader

I wanna watch them BuzzMaster Mills.  8) 8) 8) 8) :D :D

Furby, Flyin would be MUCH easier than swimmin.  ::) ::)
   First, it is ridiculed;

Furby

Fla._Deadheader

I'm pretty DanG good, but, even Ican't walk on water.
   First, it is ridiculed;

Furby

Kirk_Allen

Harold, it may be sooner than you think.

I would like to organize a "Finish Buzz's House" Party as soon as he gets his POWER!  

The folks across the street are getting theres hooked up and that will make it available for Buzz to have power....................FINALLY!

I think it would be awsome if we get together for an old style "barn raising" type shingding!  He doesnt have that much left to do but with a many hands I bet we could knock it all out in two days!

Anyone interested?  

Fla._Deadheader

When ??????????  I thought he wanted OFF the grid ????????

Furby, ain't ya been payin attention to FRED's story about livin on the Island of CR ??????????? ::) ::) ::)
   First, it is ridiculed;

Furby

THAT'S what my Uncle was saying!
Duh, I thought I was correcting him!

Yeah, I thought Buzz wanted off as well. smiley_headscratch
Ok Buzz, what's the deal here ???

Bibbyman

Sawing since '94

Jeff

If Buzz needs help, and I can find a way, I'll be there! (Although I really aint much help)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Kirk_Allen

Bibby,
You just cant see everything in the PIC  :D   Like her thumb that is directing me to go inside and order blades for 15% off, and my smile when she told me. You might be able to see my right cheek bone, which is lifted, indicating a smile.

Besides, your wife is so sweet she would never raise a fist to someone.  I really enjoyed the short visit we had. 

For those wanting to help finish Buzz'z place I will try to coordinate with Buzz since he no longer has an active phone access.  He wants to be off the grid but is also realistic and realizes he needs power and with the cost of fuel using a generator for everything is cost prohibitive. 

We are not sure how long it will take for the power company to get the neigbors pole in but once that is done he will be able to determine which trees have to come down so he can run it to his place. 

Furby

What ya need MORE blades for Kirk ???
So what do we need to do to Buzz's place?

Jeff, you can be da boss! ;)

Bibby, I'm not sure Kirk is being truthful, even Abi has a billy club in her hands. ;)

Buzz-sawyer

the electric issue has to do with this thread.....and the start up money I would need for inverters, batteries and etc.
i still like the idea....but NEED to move :)

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=8763.0
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Off_bear_err

Hey,Furby
:D :D ;)
That's not a club...it's one of the numerous pamphlets I added to my collection that day. ;D
Sawmill brat HELPER.......offbearer for my Pop!
BUZZ_SAWYER

Furby

:D :D :D :D :D
You got one of them collections to eh? ;D

After spending the other day with Kirk, I'm not so sure that ISN'T a billy club you have there Abi, it's not easy keeping that boy outta trouble! ;)

Bibbyman

Quote from: Kirk Allen on September 25, 2005, 09:03:48 PM
Bibby,
You just cant see everything in the PIC  :D   Like her thumb that is directing me to go inside and order blades for 15% off, and my smile when she told me. You might be able to see my right cheek bone, which is lifted, indicating a smile.

Besides, your wife is so sweet she would never raise a fist to someone.  I really enjoyed the short visit we had. 

Ok if you say so .. but I've see  :o that look and fist at least once a day!   ::)
Sawing since '94

Todd

Hey, there's a cookie leaning against our new mill!  I guess I met Mary at the show, but was too thick to realize it or I would have gone and said hi to Bibby also.  What a nice lady! 

Bibbyman

Quote from: tburtscher on September 26, 2005, 07:03:25 AM
Hey, there's a cookie leaning against our new mill!  I guess I met Mary at the show, but was too thick to realize it or I would have gone and said hi to Bibby also.  What a nice lady! 

You talking about this cookie?  You didn't eat it did you?  :D
Sawing since '94

Todd

Nope...I was busy tring to finish one of those $2.75 hot dogs inside the arena.  I wish I woulda seen it, I woulda signed it.  (I could have signed it at Sawlex too, but I want 2 trees by my name before I go and sign FF stuff :)

I found someone lurking in the back of my picture of the LT 70...don't know how to post it here so look at my gallery and see the man in bibs

Bibbyman

Man!  Once you've got the picture uploaded to the Gallery,  you're just one click and one paste away from putting it in a post.

Just call the picture you want to post up for viewing,  note that down at the bottom are three lines.  Just select the line that says ... "Click to copy photo insersion code".  The line of code just below the picture should highlight. 

Then go back to your post (or start one) and put your cursor where you want to insert your picture and do a paste - CTRL V on my PC does it.

Great picture BTW.   ;D
Sawing since '94

Sam

Quote from: Bibbyman on September 24, 2005, 09:41:32 PM

Sam and Pro-Sawyer Mary complememt each other on their fine taste in fashion.

Hey Bibbyman, we should've gotten you in this picture too. You were fashionable with us that day!  ;D Probably even more so with your bibs! :D

Bibbyman

Sawing since '94

Thank You Sponsors!