iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Fuel Consumption on LT40HDG25

Started by Coon, September 24, 2005, 02:05:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coon

I know this topic has probably been posted at some point in the past.  I was wondering what my fuel consumption should be on my LT40HDG25 while cutting 16' spruce with an average diameter of 20"?  What should it be for cutting the same size of hardwoods (white birch and white poplar/aspen)?

Does anyone run high octane fuel in their mill?  If so does the fuel consumption decrease enough to justify the price difference?
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Rockn H

I've got an Lt40G24 so I'm not running any hydraulics, but I wouldn't think it would use much more gas than idling.  Anyway I'd say on mine it's around 300bf / gal.   Seems like your operating habits would make a difference as well , you know how often you clutch the motor , turn it off and start it up, that sort of thing.

Tom

I averaged about 6 gallons a working day.  If I was having a good day, I would get into my third, 3 gal. tank.   I did burn almost 9 gallons one day.  It was one of those long days when you feel like you sawed a weeks worth of wood.

Fla._Deadheader

We do about the same as Tom.  ;D ;)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Rockn H

Just to see if I need to start paying more attention.  How many bf are y'all talking about sawing on those days?

Fla._Deadheader

All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Rockn H

Well I guess my mind isn't here today, worrying about my son and another hurricane.  The wife reminds me that I do start out with a full tank of gas and a 6gal can that has to be refilled everyday. ::)
Like I said I need to pay more attention. ;D

Coon

Today I averaged 1 imperial gallon/hour and average 268bdft/hr cutting average 20" white spruce logs 16' 4" long.    We cut a beautiful pile of lumber today that consists of 2x4, 2x6, 2x8,  2x10, 2x12, 3x6, 4x6, 6x6, 6x12, and a little bit of various 1" boards. Totalling 2,278 bdft in 8.5 hours of sawing w/ myslelf and one very played out slave.   I think he wishes that he had a few less drinks last night.  :D :D  I have no mercy for anyone who over indulges the night before on wobbally pops especially when he knew what thee day was going to entail.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

ladylake

About 1gal per hour when working steady.  B20 Timberking 27HP Kohler. How are diesels on fuel?   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

pigman

On my 40 hp Wm I average about 500bdft per galon of fuel. That is with hardwoods and edgeing on the mill.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Swede

First I have to translate M3 into Bf, then Litres into Gallon.  ::) :P  Don´t think I´m up to that right now. It´s time to sleep here.

There is a 18 Hp Vanguard gas engine on Amerika-Sågen. A perfect log I think is 16-18´long and Ø 10-20" in small end. Sawing softwood, 1" and 2" edged lumber with out any help I´m close to 0,4M3 / hour if the piles isn´t too high. ;D
Use 2-2,5 Litres if I  push the idling button when I´m not sawing or loading. Also change the blade when filling up after 2-3 hours.

Swede.

Had a mobile band sawmill, All hydraulics  for logs 30\"x19´, remote control. (sold it 2009-04-13)
Monkey Blades.Sold them too)
Jonsered 535/15\". Just cut firewood now.

ARKANSAWYER

I would guess about 400 bdft per gallon.  Wanda has always been good on fuel (good thing) but then I run an edger when at home and on large road jobs.  Edger I have no ideal as I just top it off weekly.   I have never burned over 8 gallons in a day.  Be glad when I can go electric.
ARKANSAWYER

sparks

Here are our spec's on the Super mill.  Thanks

\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

DouginUtah

I find it strange that the noise level for the electric is much higher than for the gas or diesel engines.

How could that be?  ???  It doesn't make sense to me.

-Doug
-Doug
When you hang around with good people, good things happen. -Darrell Waltrip

There is no need to say 'unleaded regular gas'. It's all unleaded. Just say 'regular gas'. It's not the 70s anymore. (At least that's what my wife tells me.)

---

sparks

On the electric motors, just as the diesels, the initial start up is calculated in. The electric motor produces a higher frequency on start up. Once running it is a lot less.     Thanks
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

Thank You Sponsors!