iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Resaws

Started by Fla._Deadheader, September 23, 2005, 09:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fla._Deadheader

Thinking about a simple Resaw. Any ideas ?? Need it cheap or someone that has a homebuilt unit.
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Bro. Noble

If you are going to build one,  take a look at the 'go-fast'  for ideas.  It is simple,  well built,  and made with stuff you can pick up easily.
milking and logging and sawing and milking

karl

Funny you should bring this up- I just dragged home the head from a homebuilt bandmill with the same idea in mind.
Seems like I saw a couple "custom built" saws down your way listed in the sawmill exchange......
"I ask for wisdom and strength, Not to be superior to my brothers, but to be able to fight my greatest enemy, myself"  - from Ojibwa Prayer.

dail_h

Somewhere I saw where a guy used a treadmill,and some other assorted parts to build a resaw attachment for his mill.Shouldn't be too hard to do for a guy with DH's cobblin skills,motorised conveyor,varible speed control,you already know how to build the saw part. Shoot nothin to it ;D ;D ;D
   I know wher there is an older Mc Dounagh if you're interested
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

Fla._Deadheader

Tell me more, Dail.  ::) ;D
   First, it is ridiculed;

Fla._Deadheader

Bor. Noble. Do you have anything you coat the bed of the conveyor with, so the belt slides easy ??  I'm lookin at a 10" wide conveyor and wondering if it would make a good feed system ??
   First, it is ridiculed;

Bro. Noble

That hasn't been a problem with us,  although our belt is only 6" wide.  The return table is coated with teflon to make the cants easier to slide back.  You can see brush marks where it was applied so it is evidentally available in paint form.  It has held up surprisingly well.  That might work for what you are wanting to do.  I've never had our feed belt off,  maybe they put it under there too?
milking and logging and sawing and milking

WH_Conley

there was a thread on the general board a while back about "slip plate", sounds like it would work well, I have not been able to find it anywhere though.
Bill

ARKANSAWYER

K.I.S.S.                               

ARKANSAWYER

Fla._Deadheader

Thanks Arky. I was wantin one to stuff cants through, after we saw with the Peterson. A REAL resaw. We have one like yours that works well.  ;) ;D
   First, it is ridiculed;

Larry

Quote from: Fla._Deadheader on September 24, 2005, 09:23:56 PM

Tell me more, Dail.  ::) ;D

Don't know what your interested in Harold...the treadmill or the McDonald resaw.  I buy all the treadmills I see at auctions or garage sales for the variable speed motors and trash the rest.  Most have little use...don't see why they wouldn't make a great resaw.

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Fla._Deadheader

I remember you sayin that, Larry. Problem is, down here, them things go for retail, except when I have something for sale.  ::) ::)

A used cheap resaw might get my attention.  ;D
   First, it is ridiculed;

Kirk_Allen

If your thinking of building one the new option on the WM resaw is pretty slick.  The bed can be tilted so that it will cut siding!.  Neet little option. 

Thank You Sponsors!