iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Muy Muy Grande

Started by Fla._Deadheader, September 21, 2005, 04:53:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fla._Deadheader

All you folks along the Texas coast and elsewhere, Rita is now a CAT 5. :o :o

Houston is gonna disappear. Over 5 million people live in Houston, alone. GET OUTTA THERE  :o :o :o :o :o
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

crtreedude

Holy smokes! Head for the hills!  :o

So, how did I end up here anyway?

Fla._Deadheader

It's over 400 miles wide  :o :o :o
   First, it is ridiculed;

DouginUtah

There goes another $200 billion. If this keeps up pretty soon we're going to be talking real money.  >:( :(

-Doug
-Doug
When you hang around with good people, good things happen. -Darrell Waltrip

There is no need to say 'unleaded regular gas'. It's all unleaded. Just say 'regular gas'. It's not the 70s anymore. (At least that's what my wife tells me.)

---

submarinesailor

I think it will be much higher - major petrochemical area.  Ouch!!!!!! :o :o :o

BTW - Look out for the price of natural gas.  This heating season is going to hurt, very badly.

Bruce

DonE911

Geeeeeezzzzz.... 

Please all you Texas people.... get out of there....   

Rockn H

Yeah, we were finally headin' south this week and now were back to waiting some more.  Most of the crews in NO have been pulled out for now.  I sure hope Rita knows to leave those refineries alone. ::)

DanG

Only the people in the Southern half of Florida know how the New Orleans evacuees in Houston must feel right now.  Sometimes it seems that "IT" is just out to get ya! :o :-\

This thing still has time to make an early turn and head for the same place as Katrina.  That might be the "best" scenario, since there ain't all that much left there, anyway.  "Best" is probably an unfortunate choice of words. "Least bad" would probably be better.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Rockn H

The really bad part of it is, that it can hit Galveston head on and still flood NO just from the effects of the outer bands.

Rockn H

The radar pics are just amazing to me.  The eye has been steadily moving away from Florida, yet with the hurricane increasing in size, the outer bands are still covering Florida. :o

Fla._Deadheader

YUP, we are still getting wind gusts and rain squalls way up here in Central Florida.  Can't imagine what the Gulf Coast will look like on Sunday. This thing is now over 500 miles wide.  :( :( :(
   First, it is ridiculed;

Furby

Ya figure them folks from N.O., now in Huston, that wouldn't come to MI, might now ???

Fla._Deadheader

Naaah, Furby. Too cold in Mi.  ;) ;) :)
   First, it is ridiculed;

Rockn H

Naw, the news showed all of'em from the Astro Dome getting off the air planes at Fort Smith Ar.  I believe they said there was about 4000 of'em that was still at the Dome that they had to move to Ar.  

Corley5

I'll take blizzards over hurricanes anyday :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Teri

Furby

Yeah, but I see ya live in Barefoot Bay, FL so I guess ya really don't mean it eh?

Fla._Deadheader

Teri hates it here.  ::) ::) ::)
   First, it is ridiculed;

Furby

Furby

News just reported, they are expecting 76 Billion worth of damadge to Galveston, based on computer models.

DanG

They better start movin' them computer models outta there, then! :o ;D :D

It's good they didn't start re-populating New Orleans the other day.  I just imagine those levies are gonna take another pounding, and they'll be on the WET side of the storm, this time.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Furby

Night Line had a guy on that said they could handle a 8 or 9" rainfall over 12 + hours I think it was, but if they got 3 or 4" in a couple hours, they would be in REAL trouble in N.O.

Anyone got odds running on this thing ???

DanG

If the odds have got any sense, they're running! :o

Furby

Rockn H

MSNBC just showed where NO should get some tropical storm winds right on the verge of hurricane strength as it passes by.  As well as Rita could still be a cat 1 when it reaches Dallas. :o  Didn't they send a lot of people to Huntsville.  That's only half way to Dallas. :(  This thing is massive.

DanG, as many of these things y'all been thru the only thing that ought to bother y'a from one of these is losing the net ain't it? ::)

Furby, ya'll up north do remember you can freeze in them blizzards don't ya?  Warm water feels kind of nice, but I've gotten out of the truck up there and it just plain hurt. ;) ::)

Thank You Sponsors!