iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hey, Got a Nyhle L200 at auction last night. How long do they last?

Started by Kelvin, September 21, 2005, 05:16:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kelvin

I shoulda asked before i bought, but i couldn't resist.  There were 3 kiln units, justa bout bought another as it only went for $800, and they are $4500 new!  I've been waiting for a used one, and this one looked good.  They sold off a whole sawmill operation with LT40, edgers, 4 head molder, tons of stuff.  Couldn't even aford this, but couldn't pass it up either.  Its been in use since 99, how long do they last?  i figured comerical air cond last 30 some years, and an electric heater isn't gonna die to quick either.  Its been in use the whole time, which might be better than sitting in a barn rusting.  Anyone know about the longevity of these things?  I imagine parts shouild be available cheaper than buying a new one in any event. 
THanks for any help.
KP

Gunny

Kelvin:

Well, I ran my old Nyle for over four years straight (I think it was an L150) and sold it to a cabinet-maker from the big city for exactly what I'd paid for it, new (he made the offer).  So, looks like you got yourself a good buy.  We just got back in the drying business with a new L200 and it's working like a charm for us as I write.  That "Hummmmmmmmm...." sures sounds nice since it's going to provide our kids with lots of good hard work and a nice income, too.

I'm sure Don Lewis will have the best answer for you since he's The Boss on this subject.  Happy drying--be sure to follow that Schedule until you really know your machine!

farmerdoug

I see Kirk Allen bought one of the other Nyles and the trailer.

Sunfield hardwood bought the Cat loader.
Waiting to see what Furby bought.

Farmerdoug
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

oakiemac

was that suntree or sunfield that got the loader?
I know the owner of suntree so i was just curious.
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

Furby

Sunfield is the one you pointed to the forum at the tie seminar Oakie, he's a new member since then.
There were 4 members that I could ID bidding and I had lots of fun watching you guys.
Anyone know who pork chop or shavings is?

Jeff

I'm thinking that outfit oughta donate a portion of the buyers premium to Forestry Forum support and development!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Sunfield Hardwood

Hi all, I also recagnized some ff members on the auction, I felt kind of guilty bidding against them. I'm excited about the loader though , now I can have one at the landing and one at the mill. Kinda wish I had bid more on the edger and less on the the loader, I think I did allright on the cat, but I really need an edger by the first of next year. congrats to those who got new toys!!
2 international log trucks,woodmizer LT40 Super hyd, cat 910 frontloader, case 1845 skidloader,new holland 4x4 tracter with farmi whinch, lots of stihl saws, waiting to retire so I can spend even more time logging and sawing, yip-yip-yahoo

Furby

Sunfield, I've seen the loader in action and would say ya done good!
They used it to load Kirk's mill today and saw it running around loading lumber as well.
Member Stump Jumper drove it around on Monday as well.

Check this out:
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=6580.msg200858#msg200858

Hey Jeff, Kirk had a little talk with them about that, seems he needed to go higher up the food chain, but I think he did a good enough job to get them to look in around here.
Kinda cool having 3 members there at the same time picking up stuff and well you know Kirk...........he leaves an impression!  ;) ;D

Kelvin, it was nice meeting you!  8)

Thank You Sponsors!