iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Dog gone, curly maple ...

Started by Brian_Bailey, September 20, 2005, 10:21:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian_Bailey

Hi everyone,

Last month we had say good bye to a very dear family member of ours.

We had to have the Vet. put down our beloved pet of 13 years, "Meisha Marie" a Keeshond dog because of poor health. A very sad day for us  :'(!

My wife took it especially hard as Meisha was her dog.

I was really surprised when my wife started to put together a memories scrapbook of Meisha so soon after our loss.

So me being me, I had to make my version of Meisha memories.

I'd been saving a thin piece of curly maple that I had sawn from a butt flare for a special project. Well that special project was upon me now.

So I made a walnut base and added a little pyrography to the maple.

The below pictures are what I came up with to add to the memories of "Meisha Marie".

Thanks for looking,  Brian...
WMLT40HDG35, Nyle L-150 DH Kiln, now all I need is some logs and someone to do the work :)

oldsaw

So many trees, so little money, even less time.

Stihl 066, Husky 262, Husky 350 (warmed over), Homelite Super XL, Homelite 150A

Dan_Shade

I agree, very nice.  Sorry for your loss, they do get up close to us.
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

isawlogs

they have a way of growing on us , what you did really is nice .
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Fla._Deadheader

Gorgeous detail. Sorry about your loss.
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

beenthere

A beautiful 'work-of-art' for Dog gone.  Sorry for your loss, but you have honored her well.

What talent you have, and thanks for sharing with us.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

doublecut

looks wonderful.Sorry for your loss.We are in the same boat here very soon and we will be callling on you if you don't mind to have one made for us. That is a very talented piece of art. You have remembered her well
doublecut

Frank_Pender

Sorry of hear of your loss, Brian.   I am still trying to get through a similar situation over a year ago.  The wife decided to get another ST. Bernard out of Kansas. 

Anyway, What a nice tribute to a friend.  I am not understanding how you put the picture on the wood.  Could you explain the procees, please?
Frank Pender

CHARLIE

Brian, please accept my deepest sympathy for your loss of  Meisha Marie.  I know she was part of your family and will be dearly missed.  Dogs don't ask for much and give all their devotion in return.
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Norm

Thanks for showing us your memorial to Meisha Brian. Please give Mrs' Bailey my sympathies for the loss of a good friend.

crtreedude

Brian, what a wonderful way to remember a dear friend.

So, how did I end up here anyway?

Teri

Brian_Bailey

Thanks everyone for your sympathies. 

We will miss her dearly, just as we have missed the others that have gone before her.

doublecut, I'll send you a IM.

Frank,  the process is just like drawing a picture with a pencil, except I use wood burning pens that have various tips to get the visual effect that I seek.
WMLT40HDG35, Nyle L-150 DH Kiln, now all I need is some logs and someone to do the work :)

farmerdoug

A beautiful job.
Dogs become like kids of the Family, but sometimes better behaved. :-\  Sorry for the loss. 

Farmerdoug
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

Patty

Wow, Brian, you have done a beautiful job. Your buddy Meisha will be remembered in a special way....very nice indeed.  :)
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

OneWithWood

Excellent job, Brian.  Now when you look at the piece your loss will be tempered by the fine memorial. 
Well done.
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Thank You Sponsors!