iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Forcat 2000

Started by Coon, September 20, 2005, 11:24:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coon

Has anyone out there used the Forcat 2000 tracked skidder and log trailer?  I am wondering what kind of performance they would do?  I have read their information on their site over and over and have quite a few questions in my head.

I am in the process of gathering up materials to build my own tracked skidder unit and a log trailer that is similar in size.  I have my frame almost ready to go,  motor and transmission I still have to pull out of the car, have got most of my steering and drive components but still have to get the remaining ones off of the old self-propelled swather. 
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

sprucebunny

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=10004.0

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=1478.0

If you do a search, it's been talked about quite a bit ;D

I want to see pictures of what you're building ;D ;D
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Kevin

There was one at the show here this year , the price was up considerably and the rubber on the wheels inside the track were all chewed up having only a few hours on the machine.

Ed_K

Do a search on the F4 Dion, I think it's more towards what your building. The forcat is only going to be good at hauling firewood, or small sawlogs.
Ed K

Coon

Ed_K
      The F4 Dion is similar in a sense except for the fact that I am building my unit more comparible to the forcat 2000. 

The unit that I am building (don't have a name for it yet) will be built alot heavier than the forcat as I see the forcat as being a little under-powered and built for lightweight duties.  The way I look at the forcat is that it is more like a toy than a tool or piece of equipment.   Don't get me wrong about the forcat being a toy though, as they have some very good ideas at hand.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Thank You Sponsors!