iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hauling logs

Started by JimBuis, September 19, 2005, 08:58:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimBuis

I couldn't pass up the opportunity to share this old photo.  I guess this is one way they used to haul logs in the good old days.

Jim Buis                             Peterson 10" WPF swingmill

dewwood

Whatever it takes.  Looks like it could get around corners pretty well.
Selling hardwood lumber, doing some sawing and drying, growing the next generation of trees and enjoying the kids and grandkids.

Murf

Ever look at something and have your mind instantly wander to a whole 'nuther place ?????  ::)

I looked at that picture and instantly thought "What if the driver in the first truck decides to scoot through a yellow light, poor bugger in the back .........."  :D

Note to self: Phone the doctor back about the dosage on these new meds. He said I could fly after taking them, but I didn't know a plane was not required.  :)
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

Timburr

Murf...forever the comedian....very funny ;D ;D ;D ;D
If you want to fly, drive the rig and get it up to the speed when the sine-wave kicks in....the oscillation will get you airbourne ::) :o :D

Them poles must be all of 120ft, wonder what they used them for? Sihpmasts maybe?
Sense is not common

Tom

Actually that makes a lot of sense.  The truck in back can just  idle in neutral and get pulled along.  It would be like a big Hook'n ladder truck with some power on the back in case they needed it.

This was a time in the evolution of human beings before we educated ourselves beyond our intelligence.  Back then folks were concerned with getting the job done.  Today, we have put Gov. Bureaucracies in place to stop us from getting the job done. :)

Frank_Pender

That picture actually looks like one out of my fathers old photo album.  He use to haul such items that were way oversized.
Frank Pender

GHRoberts

Those photos have been posted elsewhere with a story.

As I recall those posts were used for pier pilings. The rear truck is not powered. It is only used for steering.

Jeff

Here are quite a few old photos in case some of you have not discovered this thread.

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=1712.0
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

thedeeredude

Quote from: Tom on September 19, 2005, 03:45:27 PMToday, we have put Gov. Bureaucracies in place to stop us from getting the job done. :)

Tom, you know the reason the government is out there is to protect us from our own stupidity, we can't ::)  That just depends how stupid some people are. :D

maple flats

And here I thought Government was just there to TAX US TO DEATH so they could have great pensions on us working poor (and they make sure we stay that way)
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Todd

I'm fairly convinced that government regulations exist to prevent natural selection from eliminating people with too little sense to exist on their own.
Making somthing idiot-proof only leads to the creation of bigger idiots!

sawguy21

That picture reminds me of one where two trucks were hauling a huge Douglas fir on a logging road in B.C. The log stuck over the hood on the lead truck and the rear truck was definately powered. Those drivers had to be real good. The log was for a pavillion at the world's fair in Osaka.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!