iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

It hath been a GREAT day!

Started by moosehunter, September 17, 2005, 08:04:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moosehunter

9/17/2005
I will remember this day.
I went to an auction to buy an item. Not only did I buy what I went to buy but at a great price! 8)
I also met a FF member! How cool is that?
Went becouse I saw a three point pto driven wood chipper advertized. Did my research, went knowing what I should pay for it. Got it for much less than I was willing to pay. After the bidding a fellow came up to me to say hi becouse he saw my FF clothing. ( no it wasn't my "Charlie Jockeys" it was my hat). It was GregS, says he was there to make sure no one "stole" that wood chipper! ;D
Greg told me he has a new (used) mill on the way............. We need pics Greg
I will post pics of my new chipper in action next week when I remember to bring my camera home from work.
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

moosehunter

Forgot to mention the LARGE frick saw mill at the auction. Sorry, didn't see it auctioned. Large general motors diesel motor. Bunches of pieces. Heard someone say it hadn't sold at another auction, that is why it was at this auction.
mh
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Brad_S.

DanG it, that means I just lost a good customer! :D

I've lost a few of them that way. They see how much fun I'm having and they go get a mill of their own. ;)

Congrats, Greg. Whatchaget?
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

GregS

You guys are too funny...I can't stop grinning and I'm not sure if it's because I am going to pick up my mill next Saturday or your satire  ???. 

Ok...here's the details. 

The mill is a Timber Harvester 30HT 1995 with a 3 phase 20hp on it.  This Saturday I will make the 4 hr drive to pick it up.  Part of my purchase is the mill, and the other part will be the 3 phase generator I have not found yet.  The search for a 3 phase gen-set was my auction aspirations, but no avail.  I have this crazy idea that was sparked by a Sawmill and Woodlot article on a guy that ran all his equipment on 3 phase gen-set and I liked the idea.  I plan on setting up stationary and for now I will just use my very manual Ross-baby-mill for my adirondack camp needs. 

Things are happening faster than I thought but oh well I couldn't take paying Brad anymore... ;D.  We bought 14 raw acres on the other side of town last winter specifially suited for this venture but we are not nearly ready to move there considering all I have the is driveway and a well.    My wife and I are working hard at our new property to set the place up for the mill.  I am just finishing the 600 ft. driveway and sawmill area.  Dry storage is our main problem to solve these days.  I will be my best customer for some time!  Our plan is to build the barn and house from what Brad has already helped me start, and the rest I will saw.  I have to admit the 1/2 decade plan is just starting to come to fruition I just hope I don't run out of steam.

Brad...Thank you for your support and advice!  Don't worry you still have some tools in the shed that I will need 8).

Thank You Sponsors!