iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Think you can salvage this chain?

Started by Ianab, September 17, 2005, 05:56:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ianab

We were doing an official (OSH approved) chainsaw operators training course today.
Was interesting and the semi-retired tutor was good value.
He had this saw chain that a guy had once bought into his shop... and asked him to resharpen it  :o

He did tell us what the guy had done to it.. any guesses?

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

dansaylor

looks like he was trying to cut his truck into with it...lol

mike_van

Looks like an attempt at cutting concrete  :D
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

wiam

I don't know what he was trying to cut, but he did it for too long.

Will

mike_van

Or, it could be the new OSHA saftey chain, no sharp edges to cause injury  :D

Kevin

Dan_Shade

i'm gonna guess he had it on the bar backwards
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

leweee

Sharpened by a monkey with a large rock  smiley_dizzy
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

Ianab

Good guesses  :D

Apparantly he was cutting fibre cement building material with it... After a while it stopped cutting, so he reversed the chain and it cut OK backward.. for a little while  ::)
When it stopped he decided it must need sharpening and took it back to the shop  :D

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Tom

Hmmm

I've got a bandsaw blade that looks a lot like that.  :D

Designing bands

mike_van

Tom, I had one just like yours!  Still remember it, 10 years ago a small tornado went through Ct., tore down what used to be The Cathederal Pines in Cornwall Ct. - White pines, 3' and up, 100 footers.  Near there I got a big one from a yard, in this huge log my blade screamed to a stop.  Chop, cut, you know -  I thought it was a file handle it was so hard, turned out to be about 2"  of the end of an awl.  Every tooth, stacked up on it.  >:(

Thank You Sponsors!