iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pumpkins I picked last weekend

Started by wiam, September 16, 2005, 09:28:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wiam

This is a start of my pumpkin crop.  For a few years we have raised about  1/2 acre of pumpkins.  I have marketed them here for a couple of years  and in the past have put them in a store.  What does not sell the cows go nuts over so there is not much loss. 8)

Will

Tom

How does a Cow eat a pumpkin?   sounds like a photo op to me.  :D

wiam

It can be fun to watch.  It is more fun to watch in mid December.   ;) ;)   (Tom, plant matter gets stiff here in December :D)

Will

Dan_Shade

i enjoy giving a dog an egg and watching them figure it out.  Domestication makes animals stupid (well, at least mine...)

I'm sure a cow is about the same way...
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Corley5

Cows like us to think they're stupid then they pull one over on us.   ;) ;D
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Furby

Ya got some proof ya wanna offer up there Corley ???

chet

Quote from: Corley5 on September 16, 2005, 10:06:13 PM
Cows like us to think they're stupid then they pull one over on us. ;) ;D

Dat's when I make burger out of um.  :)
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Corley5

Who usually finds the weak spot in the fence first ???

Furby

wiam

Dan,  When my brother and I were teenagers we would eat frozen fig newtons.  The dog was begging so we gave him one.   He dropped it and looked at us like we gave him a rock.   :D :D

Will

pigman

Quote from: Dan_Shade on September 16, 2005, 09:56:18 PM
Domestication makes animals stupid

I'm sure a cow is about the same way...
This is what my cow thinks about that.

Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Dan_Shade

hah, i've never been around what I would call a "smart" cow, but then again, I never talked with one either.  All i know is they know when it's supper time, just like my dog!
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

chet

Hey Pigman,
If yur cow thinks she is so smart. How come her earrings don't match?  :D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

pigman

Like a lot of females, she couldn't decide what color she liked so I gave her one of each.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

CHARLIE

Back in the '60s during my railroad days, one of my jobs was conductor of the cane train out of Belle Glade, Florida.  We picked up the cars loaded with fresh cut sugar cane and delivered them to the sugar mills.  I always did my Wheel Reports back in the caboose. When our train had to make a stop at Canal Point, my caboose was opposite a pasture of cows.  One was a very young brahma bull and the others were herefords. While the train sat there, I climbed up on the last cane car and threw some sugar cane first to the brahma and then some to the other cows. It got so they would be waiting for me.  Anyway, one day a cow picked up one end of a sugar cane (3 or 4 feet long) and a hereford bull picked up the other end. They both seemed to be contented to share until they had eaten it down to where they were almost lip to lip. Then the bull yanked it out of the cows mouth and finished it off.  Whoever said railroading was boring was never out there. ;D   
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Jeff

Quote from: CHARLIE on September 16, 2005, 11:37:55 PM
Whoever said railroading was boring was never out there. ;D   

Charlie, Tom told me one time that you truly were, "really out there".  :)

Corley, how did your punkins do?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Corley5

Early Summer

Now

Early Summer

Now

I'm gonna pick some to sell in the next couple days.  I've got an old toolbox I bolt onto a hay wagon for a cash box and people self serve.  I've got more than I'll probably be able to get rid of this year 8)  The deer'll eat good after Halloween. ;) ;) ;) ;D

Jeff

That patch looks bigger in the photos then it did standing next to it. :D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Furby

Lets see I'm how far from Wolverine?
They look pretty good! 8)

Corley5

Come on up I'll give ya punkin ;D  Looks are deceiving.  I haven't measured it for size but it doesn't miss an acre by very far. 

Paschale

Quote from: Furby on September 19, 2005, 10:53:12 PM
Lets see I'm how far from Wolverine?
They look pretty good! 8)

I was thinking the same thing, Furby...   ;D
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Camp Run Farm

Those pumpkins look good, what kind are they?

Corley5

The ones in the foreground are Appalachains.  Farther away in the pics are Autumn Kings and the close up is of Autumn Kings also

SwampDonkey

WOW nice patch corley and wiam. I only had 4 vines that took because of the cold spring. But, I see some getting ripe. Mine are just Halloween pumpkin, no good for cooking...too wet.  I see big fields of them around the country and wonder how they ever sell them all.  :o
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Furby

Well Paschale, if we take the fast route and go around Jeff's, it's only 3 hours 21 minutes. ;)

Thank You Sponsors!