iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Gidday...

Started by KiwiJake, August 23, 2002, 02:38:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KiwiJake

Howz it, all the way from New Zealand here... I too have read just about every thing on this forum, lot's of very interesting topics. One thing I did notice is a fellow Kiwi roaming around these parts by the name of KiwiCharlie. Its good to know we're out there!  8)

Bibbyman

Well, good mornin' to you!  Or afternoon or evening,  whatever time it is over and under there. ???

Stick around.  Pull up a stump and tell us more about what's going on over there....
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Frank_Pender

Gidday ta ye too, Kiwi Jake.  It is good to have another from downunder to come to the top. 8) 8)  It is just a matter of time before the cream come to the top. :D ;D  What sort of operation to you have going? :P  Help fill in the blanks that Kiwi Charlie might leave out.  You folks are importing some pine to Oregon, are you not?   Hear-tell that  some of your pine might be headed for a mill in Central Oregon; Bend.
Frank Pender

KiwiCharlie

G'day Jake,

Nice to see you here, we're slowly taking over the forum!, and I do mean slowly!   ;)
Good sorts here, with unlimited knowledge.  Fill us in a bit on where and what you do.
Oh, and Frank, I think our pine goes most places!  Lots to Japan also.  It just seems to grow so well here, we end up with too much!
Bibby, its 9.35pm Friday now (forum time) as I write this, and its 1.35pm Saturday here.  Let me tell you now, its going to be a great day for you!!!......
Cheers
Charlie.

P.S.  Can somebody tell me what a 'Full member x2' is!... :D
Walk tall and carry a big Stihl.

Jeff

Full member x2? Glad you noticed! Nope, don't have a clue.  ;D

Welcome Jake. I bet you either have a swing saw. Or not.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom

I've got some 1x2's out in the barn, and I know what they are.  Don't reckon it would be anything like that, do you?  :P :P ;D :D

KiwiCharlie

G'day Jeff,

I actually thought Tom had been playing......
Tom, are you saying Im as thick as a 1x2??  At least I suppose that means Im not as thick as a 2x4, which happens to be a saying round these parts!!  ;) :D
Man I love this forum.
Cheers
Charlie

Tom

blush !

KiwiJake

OK, I don't own a mill now but did own my own mill about a year ago, it was my weekend warrior and you guessed it, it WAS a swing mill...but these days I've devoted all my hours and days attending shows and testing, generally helping with the family business at Peterson Sawmills, I still get to saw! So I guess I'm swingin for a livin.

My setup was a 4x4 Double cab ute, my little mill, two canthooks and a chainsaw with one of my mates as a tailer. (Oh yea I forgot, the blade sharpener and the chaps, hard hat oops gottta have the fuel and a spare blade :D) Seemed to work alright for me. So what part of New Zealand are you from Charlie?

Kiwi_Chris

Hi kiwi Jake, I to am New and have been watching this forum, it's good to read that no one knocks others around here. 8)
Also Gidday to all the others out there alot of whom I have seen on other forums. I look forward to expanding my knowledge from all the wise men (and Ladies ::)) out there.

Jeff

Kiwis must come in clumps!  Welcome ya'll!

Tom

Holy Cow !!!  We're getting turned upside down !  I love it !!! :D :D

welcome to the forum Chris and kiwis all.  This is great.  Y'all will have to take the time to educate us on your trees and Forestry "down under"............PLEASE  :D

KiwiCharlie

G'day Jake,

You will have to let me know if youll be at the Fieldays next year, we can chew the fat a bit?!!  I dont own a mill - as of yet, but really liked the look of the Mahoe Minimax at the Fieldays this year.  See the thread Lower Cost Portable Mill, if you havent already.  Im a chainsaw miller at the mo.  Mainly slabs.
I live and work in Akl, and have a patch of dirt up round Kaitaia, which I dont get to nearly enough!  :-/
Where are you based?  Rotorua?
Cheers
Charlie.

KiwiCharlie

G'day Jeff,

Looks like were speeding up the plans for the takeover!!!!.....
Crikey, theyre all coming out of the woodwork now!! :D ;)
Welcome Chris, youll like it here, but dont get involved in the threads on beans or grits, these guys are slightly nuts on these topics. ;)
Where in NZ are you at?
Cheers
Charlie.

Corley5

Welcome 8) 8)  It's great to have international representation here.  Indeed, let's here more about forestry and milling in the Southern Hemispere.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

KiwiCharlie

G'day Guys,

I guess this means there are now 3 computers in NZ?!  ;D

Cheers
Charlie.

Jeff

That would be PEAS Charlie not BEANS. PEAS!
Rule: Peas good.
Grits BAD

Tom

Hey!!!!!  Grits are good too  >:(  :D :D

whitepe

Welcome KiwiJake and Kiwi_Chris,

I've only been a member since late june 2002 and
these fellow forestryforum'ers treat you really right.

whitepe

blue by day, orange by night and green in between

KiwiCharlie

G'day Jeff,

Sorry about that, Ive just completed writing out your 'rule' 1000 times.  Do you trust me, or shall I send it to you.... ;D ;)
Cheers
Charlie the PEA man

woodman

Thay say things come in 3s so its all over. welcome guys
Jim Cripanuk

KiwiCharlie

G'day Guys,

The best things come in small packages??.... ;)
Cheers
Charlie the faithful PEA man.

CHARLIE

Welcome Kiwi Jake and Kiwi Chris! 8) 8)   Kiwi Charlie and Jeff, grits are good and Tom is too cheap to feed his help grits that's why I got a generic can of peas and no spoon. >:(  If he had fed me grits I might have stayed and worked for him a while. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm maybe there's a story there......maybe he fed me peas on purpose... ::)

I saw a documentary on TV the other night about the extinction of that big Koa bird. Seems when the polynesians found New Zealand they also found they liked to eat the bird and it's eggs......a lot!.
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

KiwiCharlie

G'day Charlie,

Me thinks you bin eatin dem fermented peas again.  ;)  I think you mean the Moa bird!  :D
And yes, they must have been tasty, they didnt last too long!
Recently someone claimed to have seen a Moose here in the deep bush of the South Island.  They were introduced here around a hundred and sumpthin years ago, but were thought have died out long ago....
Who knows, I suppose they could have made it.
Cheers,
Charlie.

JD_Kid

Hi ya's
yep there are reports come out every now and then about the moose in the deep south with some of the land that thick with bush it could still be true ,one of my grandfathers mates has a pic of them he was a deer culler many moons ago ,only saw them once other time when he went there no sign...the Moa must have been good eating and a eazy catch too for them to be killed out in a short time frame ...good to see a few more kiwi's here tho,,
catch ya
JD Kid
I used to smoke camels but found them hard to light and kicked to much

Thank You Sponsors!