iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Forest Fire Fighters

Started by SkidrowJoe, September 13, 2005, 09:02:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkidrowJoe

I am thinking about joining the local forest fire fighting crew, and wondered if we have any other Forest Fire Fighters on the forum?  We get to fight fires here in Pa, and have the option of going out West for 16 days during a forest fire and help. 
The stumps of today are the ceilings of tomorrow.

BW_Williams

Welcome Joe, been know to fight a fire or 2 myself, had folks from the NE in my backyard.  Tough way to make a year round wage, but great for college or if'n you got something else going off season.
Support your local Volunteer Fire Dept.  (not by accident)
Support your local Ski Patrol (by snowboarding:)
Mayor of Millerdale, Washington, USA (by God)!

theonlybull

i'm a volly firefighter,  we do forrest fires when we have to  :D

definatly not my idea of a good time
Keith Berry & Son Ltd.
machine work and welding

wiam

I also am a volunteer fire fighter.  I always thought I would like to go out west and fight forest fires.  A couple aof years ago we went to a neighboring town for a couple of days for a forest fire.  Too much for me.

Will

Bro. Noble

My son-in-law started with a temporary job with the forest service a couple of years ago,  working locally during fire season.  He got on with a 'hot shot' crew and worked up around the great lakes one season.  Since that time he has a full time job with the forest service and has been promoted a couple of times.  He has been back to Minnesota once, to Wyoming,  California,  the Black Hills,  and now is in Montana.  He loves it,  and gets paid well especially while fighting fires.
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Ron Scott

I highly recommend it and it can be a great experience, especially western fire details.

You will receive some excellent training, not only in firefighting, but in team work, planning, organization, safety, etc. that will be of continued benefit for whatever you do in later in life.

You may also get to see some nice country that you may never get to visit otherwise.  ;)

~Ron

Thank You Sponsors!