iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hello

Started by SteveS, August 21, 2002, 08:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveS

Just thought I would say howdy to everyone. I have read just about all of these posts in the sawmill and drying section here. I have learnt a bunch and, after reading all of them post, I feel like I ought to know some of you folks. I live in North east Arkansas, and I'm figuring on getting a small manual bandmill within the next few months. :) I would like to Thank you all for the information. This is really a nice forum.

SteveS

Tom

Yee Hiiiiiiii !       "Thankyou vera much"

Great to have you here Steve.  We have a great bunch of guys and gals here and we all learn a bunch every day.  I'm impressed that you stuck to the whole topic till you were done.  That's a lot of  "wading". :D

Wait till you attack some of our more infamous threads.  

Our Forester members do a great job in keeping the "old wives tales" to a minimum.  They are an active bunch and actually work in the field and hold jobs doing what they preach.

We are in good company.  

Frank_Pender

Welcome, SteveS.  there are a good number of you folks from your state on the Forum. 8) 8)  You are in good company just with that to your side of the column. Make sure you do your homework in researching the type of mill you desire. :P :P  They are many in number, and few in the quality and durability you will need.  ;)
Frank Pender

CHARLIE

I'm thinking Arkansas has Texas outnumbered! :o
Welcome to the forum Steve! 8)
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

OneWithWood

Hi, Steve.  Like you I am fairly new to this forum and I am hoping to purchase a mill in the next few months.  I have learned a ton from the good folks here :P
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Bibbyman

Welcome aboard SteveS! 8)

I hope you guys just getting a mill will keep us updated on your progress.  

We that have been running a mill for awhile get set in our ways and don't tend to come up with new ideas like someone just starting out.

Don't be shy about posting. ::)  Every two cents helps. ;)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Bro. Noble

Hi Steve,

Glad you joined us.

In your part of Arkansas do they say "serious" or the one syllable pronunciation "surs"?

I'm in South central Mo.(Ozark Co.) just across the line from the notorious AKANSAWYER.

We have a dairy farm and log and mill our own timber.

I don't know anything about nuthin so I just poast stupid stuff and poke fun at the brainy guys (mostly Jeff) to keep them from taking themselves too SURS.

Noble  (pronounced No-Bull)
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Texas Ranger

Charlie, the truth of the matter comes from a tale from the old west, when there was a riot in Dallas, and the state sent in one Texas Ranger.  When questioned as to why the state only sent one Ranger, the Ranger said "One riot, one Ranger".

It's not the number, it's the quality. ;D
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

woodman

Jim Cripanuk

Paul_H

Welcome a board,Steve 8)
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

ADfields

Having lived in Texas for 4 years I am with Don Staples on the Texas thing.   But hay Don are you saying 1 Forum 1 Texan?   Life is good in the 2nd bigest state but it's GREAT in the bigest state, I keep my good Baley hat in Alaska now!

Hi Steve
I onley found this place a mounth or so back myself!   I have my eye on a MSG Industries 250E bi-directional mill as soon as I talk my other 1/2 into it.   She sead I can use our Alaska PFD money for it so about 3 more months. 8) 8) 8)
Andy

Thank You Sponsors!