iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Construction Question

Started by Jeff, September 13, 2005, 05:58:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

THis is an easy job Furb. Only 4 square and the felt is already down. Just need drip edge. I got a gun that CK give me last year.  :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Furby

I got a brand new gun to break in tomorrow.
I'd smile if I could.

This job is 25 on and at least 50 off, not looking forward to the triple layered sections!

isawlogs

Yep gotta agree with Jeff, I know that I would not have my shop / garage had I not have my own mill . Sure was fun cutting down the trees and sawing them up and putting the building together .
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Don P

:-[ :D, Sorry guys, I'll do the cypherin in my head.

I think it looks just fine, any way is right that works  ;)

It does feel good to make something out of a tree you worked from harvest to a nice finished product.

Furby

Don,
You gonna pay Jeff a visit about mid January and pile 6' of snow up there to prove him wrong? ;D

Don P

Well, I was secretly thinking of getting Jeff to measure to ground now and under snow load and get back to me, so I could reverse cypher it :-X :D :D.

Furby

OneWithWood

Quote from: Jeff B on September 26, 2005, 09:11:32 PM
I would like to proudly add, that all of the lumber there, other then of course the OSB, and two treated two by tens, was sawn by Tammy and I out of logs we hauled home from a couple different locations.  8)   It is COOL TO HAVE YER OWN MILL!
smiley_smug01
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Jeff

Well, no pics to show today but we did pick our windows up last night. Got our facia boards on, drip edge and are now ready to shingle. We have a young fewllow ready to shingle, but Tammy wants to give it a go in the morning first. I am sure she will do fine if I can get the confounded nail gun to fire everytime instead of every fifth time.  Dont know nothing about them so dont know what to look at first. :-\

Tom

A Hammer still works.  :D :D

Furby

Yup Tom, but that's TOO much work!
I like them guns!

Ernie_Edwards

Jeff,

Whenever I had trouble with my air nailer I usually found that I had forgotten to adjust the output of the compressor to what the nailer spec call for. Too little ot too much air and it will not function right.

Good luck,

Ernie Edwards

Jeff

Ernie, I'll try that, as this is a different compressor.

Jeff

I better get back out there. ;)

Patty

Wow! You guys are doing a great job!  smiley_smash
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Jeff

Tammy and Stacy are doing a great job roofing. I am thier flunky and they bout got me wore out. My arms quit working again so we are taking a rest.  I did some staining in between my shingle cutting job. Trying to get rid of the extra fence stain as it wont winter, and I dont want to waste it. Here is where we are at now.

Captain

...and don't forget the air tool oil....

Don P

That is a sharp looking little building, I like the gable fascia  8)

Jeff

Stacy and I sawed out a little siding and started to install it. Here is our progress.
:)

Patty

Good job guys!   8)

I really like the tiny front porch with the overhang. Is that a tiny little room up in the attic with the window? What are your plans for this mini-house?
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

SwampDonkey

The clapboard siding looks really nice guys. :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Radar67

Jeff, we are gonna have to talk...my wife saw your building! You know what that means.  :D It looks good.
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Jeff

Tell her to come on up and look at it close. I figure on putting a little kitchen in it and making Forestry Forum members make me breakfast in exchange for rent. ;D

Kevin_H.

Quote from: Jeff B on October 06, 2005, 12:53:18 PM
Tell her to come on up and look at it close. I figure on putting a little kitchen in it and making Forestry Forum members make me breakfast in exchange for rent. ;D
Oh No !!, so much for the free lot rent during the Pig Roast  :D

Hey jeff make sure it's got plenty of outlets :o

Hey why did ya cover the pool already  ???
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

GareyD

So if I come up and make ya a big breakfast of fried hog jowls, eggs, cat head biscuits and grits....how many days would I be able to stay ??? ??? :D ;D :D
The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best friends, if they're okay, then it's you.

Thank You Sponsors!