iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New 359 on its ways!

Started by minesmoria, September 12, 2005, 07:36:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

minesmoria

I bought a new 359  from walkers saw shop  with 24" bar and two chains and walkerized muffler.

This saw replaces my 55 rancher!

rahtreelimbs

Good choice!!! Now send it to EHP have a much badder 359!!!
Nothing Like A  Modded Saw To Start Your Day!!![/SIZE]               Later, Rich.

minesmoria

Does the 359 have   those non adjustable carb   covers  if so i will take it off.

what is ehp?

rahtreelimbs

Quote from: minesmoria on September 12, 2005, 09:12:32 PM
Does the 359 have   those non adjustable carb   covers  if so i will take it off.

what is ehp?

The limiter caps can be defeated.

EHP is Ed Heard.

He is a member and probably the best saw builder this side of the Mississippi. I have several of his saws including a 359. He takes a 359 and turns into a torque monster!
Nothing Like A  Modded Saw To Start Your Day!!![/SIZE]               Later, Rich.

SawTroll

Quote from: minesmoria on September 12, 2005, 07:36:37 PM
I bought a new 359  from walkers saw shop  with 24" bar and two chains and walkerized muffler. .......
24" bar sounds like a bit long on a 359, unmodified at least.
I think you should get a shorter bar for regular use, and save the 24" for the occations when it is really needed.
Information collector.

jokers

Quote from: rahtreelimbs on September 12, 2005, 09:08:41 PM
Good choice!!! Now send it to EHP have a much badder 359!!!

The Walker`s muffler is going to give minesmoria a big boost over stock, he probably wouldn`t appreciate what Ed could do for it until he`s had some run time on it as it is now.

Go back to spit shining your saws Hoffman! :D

Russ

outdoortype

What is a walkerized muffler?  Could I install one on my next to new 359 that has e-tech cat converter without risking damage?  Minesmoria, you made a good choice with the 359.  I've been cutting firewood with mine & love it.  It works great with an 18" bar.

Minnesota_boy

Quote from: SawTroll on September 13, 2005, 06:05:32 AM
Quote from: minesmoria on September 12, 2005, 07:36:37 PM
I bought a new 359  from walkers saw shop  with 24" bar and two chains and walkerized muffler. .......
24" bar sounds like a bit long on a 359, unmodified at least.
I think you should get a shorter bar for regular use, and save the 24" for the occations when it is really needed.

Ummm...I'd have to guess that you haven't seen the timber where Minesmoria lives.  A 24" bar may be a bit short. :o
I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

minesmoria

Yes there is lots of massive trees here on the bc coast, my saw will be cutting up firewood logs mostly balsm big suckers and smaller yellow ceder, over 2 logging trucks worth at least.

The 24" bar will just be able to cut the bigger logs in one pass.

Cant wait  to use it!

Thank You Sponsors!