Sponsors:

Another Coyote.

Started by Jeff, September 12, 2005, 02:32:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

you don't give any of them a led pill for there last meal   ;D

Stoneyacrefarm

It sure would have happened if I was on one of my fields.   :D
Was cutting a field for a friend. I wasn't sure how the landowner would take it if I started slinging lead around his field.  fudd-smiley
Work hard. Be rewarded.

Ron Scott

~Ron

Stoneyacrefarm

More hay.
More coyotes.

Work hard. Be rewarded.

Stoneyacrefarm

Another coyote yesterday. 

Work hard. Be rewarded.

Roxie

You are seeing a lot of coyotes.  What part of the country are you from?
Say when

Stoneyacrefarm

Western mass.
The land of bears and coyotes.
Lol.
Work hard. Be rewarded.

red

Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Stoneyacrefarm

Red,
They sure are.
I've seen more this year than I have in past years.
Work hard. Be rewarded.

Ron Scott

Was wondering why there seems to be less turkeys in one of my 
favorite hunting areas. Found this recently active coyote den nearby.
r>
~Ron

Roxie

I've never seen a coyote den before.  :o
Say when

Ron Scott

Usually built with a south exposure as this one is.
~Ron

DeerMeadowFarm

cut our back field on Monday, so I'm seeing coyotes again. They always come out during haying season to look for "collateral damage"...I

DPatton

Many are getting splattered on the roads around here the past few weeks.
TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

rjwoelk

I figure they are so busy feeding and caring the young they are so tired they forget.
Did not Look left or right he did not see the station wagon car the yote got squashed and their you are dead cat dead racoon the blood and the guts will make you swoon. :D
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

Ron Scott

A small coyote enters the picture.

~Ron

stavebuyer

Finally got my Spartan camera sort of figured out and it sent me a photo of this guy...

Jeff

It is possible I could have some pictures on a camera next time I go up to the cabin. Last weekend we were there. Tammy and I, Harley, Roxie (Stacy's dog) Stacy and family friend Denise.  Just at dusk Saturday, I was out with the dogs and there was a long mournful howl way off towards Carlton Lake. No doubt what it was. I got in and told the girls that maybe it would so it again. They came right out. I was first out and heard the end of another howl. They missed it. We waited for a spell, but were cold so I said I could try one more thing. Pete use to hate for me to do it. He said no need to call them in. I figure, If I can hear them, they are already here. So I let out a long low howl. Nothing. So we all went in.

Denise and Stacy were in one room, Tammy and I the other, cept I can't sleep on a bed because of my shoulders so I was on the futon and the easy chair. (Futon: Yooper word meaning not a good couch, not a good bed. )  I wear ear plugs when others are there because I sleep light. I had them in.

At 1:30 am I was awakened by a pack of coyotes, and I mean they were in the yard or the driveway. I opened the door expecting to see them but did not. I turned to grab my phone to try and record and Stacy and Denise came charging out. They did a final round of celebratory yips or what ever they were doing and they were gone. We never saw them but I mean it, they were right there somewhere.

The real odd thing about this is, is that when the wolves are around, you don't ever see or hear coyotes. At least I never have. I don't know what brought them into the yard either unless it was all the new dog scent. A 100 lb dobie and a 120 lb lab had been romping ahead of us on the trails would have been something new for up there.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

thecfarm

I've had them kinda close.They get my dog just a barking. Don't mind if she outside,but when she in the house and I am sleeping. >:( I have opened the window a few times and hollered at them. That seems to calm them down and they leave. Or quiet down.
Than for a long time we thought she was barking at the deer in the field. She will lay on the front steps and bark. Once I was working after dark,tractor was off and I heard the coyotes howl and she started to bark. Most times I am on the tractor and can't hear the coyotes. And then sometimes she will try to howl like them.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

beenthere

Often get a coyote crossing in front of the trail camera, and it reacts quickly to the infrared glow of the camera lights at night.

This one made a few attempts to get by.  :D :D

https://rumble.com/v292yi0-camera-shy-coyote.html

Sorry for the ad that sneaks in after the 20 second video. Cannot seem to get rid of that. 
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SwampDonkey

Have not heard any yipping at night for a long time now. They must have moved on because a year ago they were around here all winter, a pack of at least 5 because I seen them cross a pasture. I know there are some on the woodlot, but I have not gotten up there this winter with so much ice and crust plus all the shovelling about every day around the yard.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Chuck White

Must have been a crust on the snow, the yote left no tracks!

I never realized that critters could see the cam lite, but lots of times the pics show them staring directly into the camera!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

thecfarm

He did not like that at all!!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

dairyguy

It is common to see a coyotes around the small hay fields near me.    I had one on the hilltop grass field that Id see every cutting when I did the raking.   That fellow hung around a lot more than any of the others.   Id even get about 40 feet up to him before he moved and being this close I noticed he was hoping around on one front leg and held his other leg up with his paw off at an odd angle.    This was several years ago and I saw him for three consecutivesummers

Thank You Sponsors!