iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawmill and Woodlot magazine has done it now

Started by WV_hillbilly, September 10, 2005, 10:41:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV_hillbilly

Has ayone gotten their new Sawmill and Woodlot magazine  ?   If you got it take a good look at page #2 ,  the picture below the "  Letter  from the publisher has someone in it from our Forum .  He is taking a picture at Sawlex during the Shootout. I know many of our members have  tried to get a picture of his face for a long time now and the magazine succeeded . . It is good PR for the Forum cause he is wearing his FF hat  frontwards .

It is the one and only Furby . 8) . Then if you look further back there is Chris Browne, Captain, and Arthur Dyason .  These are the ones that I saw /recognised in the pics . I haven't got to read it cover to cover yet but I will tommorrow . It looks like some of our members are getting some good coverage in this magazine and others as of late .
Hillbilly

Furby

I don't get that mag. :-\
Actually was worried they would end up using the pic of me dropping the Peterson rail.
Ooops, that didn't happen! smiley_angel01_halo

Frank_Pender

Well, I am not toooo worried about that issue of a picture apparing, as I very rarely see much about the West in the book. :'(
Frank Pender

Paschale

Hey...now that's just too cool!  Maybe somebody can scan the pic in for us.... ???
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

EZ

When I first seen that picture, I thought, DanG that looks like Furby.
EZ

oakiemac

EZ, I don't think that DanG looks like Furby. ;D Well maybe a little bit.
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

Bro. Noble

Come to think of it,  just picture DanG with his cap turned backassward -----oh,  now I'm gonna have nightmares :D :D
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Furby

Frickman

I saw it too. Great advertising for the Forestry Forum.
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

Jeff

I'd like to see it if anyone has a way to send it. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Pete J

Paschale

Hey guys...

What we really need is one of you high tech FFers who subscribes to Sawmill and Woodlot to scan that page in...puh-lease!!!   ;D
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

isawlogs

I have the scanner , but ....  I am waiting for the mag to make it to my door ... or mail box. As soon as it gets here I will be very happy to scan it and put it up .  :) If it is not done by then .
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Jeff

Your goona need permission from Sawmill and woodlot to post a copy of thier material here.  Copyright laws do apply to things like that.

isawlogs

Jeff

Thanks for letting me  know , I'll try sending them an email and ask permission , If they do give it , would you like a copie of the permision  ???
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Jeff

Long as you say you have permission is good enough for me. :)

Furby

I was gonna call or send an email and ask for a copy or a commision. ;D
Did we sign a waiver of some kind when we bought tickets ???
You know, one that says they can use the pics with out compensation.  ;D ;D ;)

isawlogs

Furby

I can mention this in my email to them if you want ...  ;)

Marcel

Furby

Yeah, give em my addy for free subscription  eh? :D :D

isawlogs

QuoteYeah, give em my addy for free subscription     

Now you know that I would never ever even dream of doing or even never ever think of doing something like that ...   no sir never ever  ;) ;D ;D

But I could let them know that there is somebody out there that is thinking such things  ;D

Marcel

Jeff

Man o live, please dont give them grief for using a forum member in the magazine, even if it was just Furby.  :o   ;)

Furby

Good point.........I guess.
Leave that part out. ::)
;)

isawlogs

Jeff dont worry about that , I would never  do such a thing ... It aint up to me to do that , I aint the one on the  pic .  :)

Marcel

Arthur

with Sawmill & Woodlot Management Magazine's blessing

beenthere

Confusing as to which way Furby is looking.  :D :D ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Paul_H

Furby,
when you develop that pic you took of yourself there,do us a favor and post it here.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Teri

pigman

I am in both pictures on page 30. 8) Since I am not as good looking as Furby, they did not get a close up of me. ;) ;D
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Furby

Thank you Arthur!

Not sure what ya saying Paul ???

Arthur

Tom

Furby,
Paul is intimating that your head is turned around and the camera is pointed the other way.  Ergo, you are taking a picture of yourself.

.....Are you?

Sheesh!   We buy you books and buy you books................. :D :D :D

Furby

Yeah, it's the backwards hat that has me confused. ;)

isawlogs

I got mine today , Glad someone was able to put the pic up .

Fame , furby .... both have a nice ring to them .  Way to go Furby even if you had nothing to do with it . ;) ;D

Marcel

Thank You Sponsors!