iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timberwolf furnace co.

Started by Dana, September 10, 2005, 05:21:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dana

I just got a brochure for Timberwolf Furnace Co. They make outdoor wood stoves. From the looks of it, they are a small company out of Hersey, Mi and are  making stoves priced from$3190.00 for a 3500sq ft area to $7800.00 for a 15000 sq. ft. area.  Not a lot of info in their brochure, so I was hoping to get some feed back from someone who has one. Their website is www.timberwolfboiler.com Thanks Dana
Grass-fed beef farmer, part time sawyer

oakiemac

Dana, I have seen their advertisements and have wondered the same thing. If you end up getting one or finding more info out please keep us informed.
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

Dana

Oakiemac, You are right about the more info bit. I am unwilling to be the first to step up to the plate and find out I have regrets about the furnace. A friend on Beaver Island just bought one so by next spring I will have some feedback to share. I am looking to buy a stove before then however.

beenthere

Saw this on eBay
PASSAT AIR TIGHT WOOD BURNING WET JKT. HOT WATER BOILER

Looks like a possible, reasonable boiler that might go for a reasonable price. Never know. Just thought I would pass it on.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

sawdust

I ran across this outfit that sells gasifier outdoor wood burners. http://www.gomixer.com/index.htm
Their brochure is much better than the website.
Buying from the states might be worthwhile given the exchange rate.

Sawdust
comforting the afflicted and afflicting the comfortable.

Dana

Sawdust if I read the info right the burn time on the gasification units is 3 hours. I wouldn't want to be outside that much stoking a fire at night in N. Michigan during the winter!

sawdust

I have to dig out those DanG brochures they sent me. They figure 24 hours was not unheard of and the gasifier part makes it alot more effecient. My beef with it was that you have to have electricity to create the draft.
Call and ask them for information as I recall I had their package with a few days.

Sawdust
comforting the afflicted and afflicting the comfortable.

Thank You Sponsors!