iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Rust Reaper works

Started by karl, September 05, 2005, 04:49:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karl

Started using RR to keep the pitch off the edger saw shaft on my MD- works great- just squirt it whenever I start up.

Had an idler bearing start screeching one day-you guessed it, RR to the rescue, it's still going a month or so later.

Loosened up the frozen kicker arm on an old pto powered manure spreader too- now I can sit and watch my sawdust unload unlike the other two sawdust trailers.

I'm pleased.

BTW how come there is not a link at the left of the page for Rust Reaper?
"I ask for wisdom and strength, Not to be superior to my brothers, but to be able to fight my greatest enemy, myself"  - from Ojibwa Prayer.

Jeff

Its a different level of sponsorship. I try to do the best we can for Mike and Rust Reaper under our aggreement. Hopefully someday when theworld discovers how great a product he has, we will be able to proudly have the rust reaper logo to the left. I know Mike and I would both like to see that.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Ernie_Edwards

At the pig roast I recieved a sample of Rust Reaper. Anxious to give it a try I thought of the heavy vice I have been trying to free up for 3 years. It is about 100 pounds with very nice jaws, just had been left out in the elements for who knows how long. After 3 years of a real effort with WD-40, PB Blaster, fuel oil and everyhing else anybody could reccommend I could only get about 1/4 turn with the handle.

I used a little RR one day followed by a little the second day and on the 3rd day I finally had a great vice that turns freely thru its whole range of travel. The sample bottle had maybe 2 oz on it and I only used less than a third of it.

What a great product.

Thanks Mike.

redpowerd

just a little note, rr is the only oil i have found to migrate completly thru a jacketed cable, like a throttle cable or a choke cable. amazing stuff.
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

Mike_P.

karl, Ernie, Jeff, redpowerd:

Thanks for your feedback.  We formulated Rust Reaper to provide lubrication film strength as well as clean and penetrate.  We want to get things moving and keep them moving.  I really find it helpful to know the various areas where Rust Reaper has been successful.

The control cable application is kind of interesting.  We have had some other customers who have had great success in that application.  I put some on the choke cable on an old Dodge power wagon (My hobby is junk.) that we have.  I was amazed at how quickly and completely it went from barely able to move to moving freely.  And it has remained that way now for a couple of months.

Jeff has been very supportive and with his continued tweaking of our site and your support, one of these days we'll move to the left hand side of the page with "da big boys".

Thanks,

Mike

beenthere

I recently had a positive experience with the Rust Reaper, and it was possible because I 'won' a 1oz package at the FF pig roast drawing.
My 2002 Trailblazer had a couple stabilizers get loose, and when I asked about getting them replaced, the mechanic said its a quick job IF the old ones can be removed easily, but they often are rusted in place.  That was enough warning for me to make it a point to try out the RR with an application two days before my appointment to take the car in for new stabilizers. The mechanic removed them, installed the new ones, and charged ½ hour of time. He was amazed at how easily they came off. I told him about the RR I had put on, and he said it saved me at least a ½ hour of time (about $40).  :)

I wanted to give him my sample, but couldn't bring myself to giving it away.  ::)
I just found the solution to that problem at the RR site.  ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

arj

Here`s my best rust reaper story. I have an automatic pool vacum it won`t get within 3 ft. of the side of my round pool. Go to pool supply store they say it needs new feet ( 4 rubber pads ) installed new feet , no change. After a few hand vacuming jobs I decieded I need a new autovac. Before getting one I`m going to take apart the drive. Inside is a stack of about 12 plastic gears so I added a drop or two of RUST REAPER to each one , and  the thing works like new.
                                                  arj

Tom

I'll bet that saved you a bunch of bucks.  :)

EZ

Dont forget the air tools, it works amazing in them.
EZ

chet

I hate ta put a damper on da Rust Reaper parade, but I found something it can't do. Yesterday my utility trailer got a flat tire.   >:(  I got out da trusty Rust Reaper and gave it a squirt, even after waitin' a few minutes it was still flat.  :-\ 

But it did help gittin' da rusty lug nuts loose.  :)
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

pappy

Chet

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D
"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

Frank_Pender

Chet your humor is not very flat, however.

Just used rr last weekend on a couple cyclanders for a '49 Case wheel tractor.  I'll bet it was not more than an hour and both broke lose. 8)
Frank Pender

isawlogs

Emergency brake cables come loose with the RR on them ..  ;D

Frank_Pender
Can you tell me what is a cyclanders for a '49 Case wheel tractor  ???
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Jeff

Quote from: isawlogs on September 08, 2005, 04:44:21 PM
  Emergency brake cables come loose with the RR on them ..  ;D

Frank_Pender
Can you tell me what is a cyclanders for a '49 Case wheel tractor  ???

I bet thats the oregonian spelling for "Cylinders"
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

karl

Hey Frank

What model '49 Case?

34 years after Pop's sold the Case VAC that I learned to drive on I found it and bought it back.
It had been sitting for 15 years- new gas,oil, battery and it ran. Guy had put new tires on it- sold it to me for fifty bucks more than Dad sold it for.
"I ask for wisdom and strength, Not to be superior to my brothers, but to be able to fight my greatest enemy, myself"  - from Ojibwa Prayer.

Frank_Pender

Jeff ana compeny I em jest a ol' re tired techer, thet fourget ho to spel.  I tink ye get the mess age, tho. ;D
Frank Pender

johncinquo

Chet you gotta turn dat tar over, ets only flat on da one side, not da udder. 

Air tools, would it hurt the rubber rings or seals?  I have a neumatic nailer and I busted the safety catch on it, too much banging it into the boards.  I took it in to get a new part and the guy looked at it and said it was probably worn out inside, basing this on the wear and tear on the outside.  I wasn't about to pay him to look at it, but I offered he could check if he wanted to, but I was betting not.  He pulled it apart and sure enough he said it was the best shape of a used nailer he had ever seen.  I run an inline oiler on it all the time and I think that really makes the air tools last longer.  For the $40 for the oiler I bet I have saved hundreds on air tool repairs. 
To be one, Ask one
Masons and Shriners

maple flats

I've been using an in line oiler for years on my pneumatic pruner for my blueberries, I agree. In a few days I hope to report another success story for rust reaper. I have a ball mount in my old truck that is really stuck in there, not the 2 x 2 but the retainer pin that holds it in place. I tried for a couple of months using 2 other products to no avail. Last week I tried RR and will apply more tomorrow and again later in the week and then try turning the pin again to remove it. Sure hope this stuff works. ??? 8) ???
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Mike_P.

Regarding using Rust Reaper in air tools, I don't expect a problem with the o-rings or seals.  Rust Reaper doesn't contain the harsh, aggressive solvents that you would find in most oils of this type. 

You could use Rust Reaper in an in-line oiler, but would have to be able to dial the application rate way down.  You will get a lot more lubricity from Rust Reaper than you would with a conventional mineral oil.

Thanks,

Mike

EZ

I have been using RR in my air tools for a year now and have'nt had any problems with them.
EZ

Thank You Sponsors!