iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Drying of parquet in America?

Started by serg, September 05, 2005, 12:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

serg

Russian floor, parquet from an oak dry up to humidity of 8-10 %.
In America the floor, a parquet dry up to what humidity - %?
Thank . Sergey.

beenthere

serg
In America, parquet flooring can be a number of different 'things', that depend on the manufacturer.
If I have it right, parquet refers to short and narrow strips of thin wood (like about 150mm x 38mm x 7mm) that are assembled in 150mm squares (tiles) that are laid down in alternating directions. However sometimes these squares are made into 'sandwiches' that are glued together like the alternating layers in plywood. 

As far as how dry the pieces of flooring are when manufactured, very likely around 7-8 % moisture content (oven-dry basis). 

The humidity control of a room with parquet flooring is important to restrict the swelling of the wood and distortion of the flooring squares across the grain. Sometimes parquet floors self-destruct if they get high moisture.  (hate to even think about the many homes that are under water in the South now, as wood floors, furniture, and everything take on water).

I hope this helps answer your question.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

serg

Beenthere thank for the answer!
Russia experiences for the South of America, hurricane KATRINA has put many destructions. Russian will send the plane with the humanitarian help and it is good!

I have lead(carried out) experiment and have drawn a conclusion on that what to dry a floor or a parquet it is necessary on 2 - 1.5 %  :Pof below operational humidity.
So I have made a file floors an oak have dried up up to 4.8 - 5 % thickness of 27 mm length of 2000 mm width of 90 mm, have attached logs to concrete 30х40 on them a screw have laid a floor.
Has passed 4 months and the floor had humidity 5.8 - 6.2 %, operational humidity Moscow.
Beside has put a floor an oak humidity of 8-10 % to plywood thickness of 10 mm on glue.
Has passed 4 months and the floor has received humidity of 7 % small cracks have appeared.
I have taken water and have filled both samples for 2 days.
The oak on logs has remained the whole, humidity has risen up to 22 %, the floor on plywood had a bad kind, destructions.
Has passed 2 months a floor on plywood to operation it is not suitable, the floor from a file will work, I have lead(carried out) polishing, have varnished all it became good.
Conclusion: the massive floor dried up on 1.5 - 2 % of below operational humidity works well.
The floor on plywood should have special conditions of operation! To flooding it is unsuitable.
In Russia I have criticism for that that land so < http: // www.vacuums.ru/index.php? id=4*child_id=19 >
What you can tell in this occasion ???? I was mistaken in it ???? Sergey.

serg

I ask a pardon, the reference to page has failed.
http: // www.vacuums.ru/index.php? id=4*child_id=19

Thank You Sponsors!