iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

woodmizer resaw attatchment

Started by spencerhenry, September 02, 2005, 08:43:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spencerhenry

bought a new resaw attatchment for my lt40super. kind of a pain to set up. seems to work ok, but was wondering if anybody has any experience with one. i am looking to shorten the learning curve. how much tension should the rollers have? is it normal to have to pull or push boards through? How far below the feed rollers should the plate be? any suggestions?
thanks

sparks

You should not have to push the boards through. The hold down rollers should be adjusted down until it holds the board firmly down on the feed rollers but not so tight that it prevents the board from being fedd through. You will have to play around with the feed rate to get the right speed.    Thanks
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

Cedarman

Feeding the boards end to end will let you keep the wheel pressure up.
They are also nice to make wedge shaped lap siding by putting a shim under each end at one side.

Be sure to attach the mill stops to the resaw when done to keep from losing them.

Also remember the feed motor, it may be the same as on your mill so you have a backup motor if the one on the mill goes out.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Percy

Ive had one of them since 1997. Ive rebuilt the motor twice already and just replaced the rollers cause they had worn down on the one side from at least a couple of million board feet  of 2X6 being put through it over the years. I think this is one of WM's best attachments. It has made me  a pile of money. If you have an order(large) of say, 1X6, you can cut 2 and 1/8 alot faster. Then run the boards thru the resaw at about 2000 bdft per hour(2 people). I had a mobile job once where we resawed lift after lift of 2X6. The biggest pain was the sawdust as it all piles up in the same place and it piles up fast. Anyways, after 10,000 bd feet. I quit for the day as I was pretty pooped from lifting all that weight and feeding it thru. In 6 days, we did over 60,000 bd feet. I looked like Popeye after that job :D :D

When you arnt too busy, spend a little time foolin with some crappy boards and take notes as the what height from the bed gives you  what ever thickness(bottom board). SAves you time setting up. Also, if you are doing mainly 2 inch, you can drop that plate a little more that they(WM) recommend as its pretty tough to bend a 2 inch in such a short span. I have my hold dowm rollers prretty well pinned. Like it was said earlier, feed the boards end to end and turn up the feed rate to as fast as the mill can cut....or... as fast as you and your grunt can feed, tail,pile,sweat,shovel sawdust :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

HORSELOGGER

Hiya Percy... Aint seen ya around in a while, was wonderin about ya the other day ;D  Hows things ???
Heritage Horselogging & Lumber Co.
"Surgical removal of standing timber, Leaving a Heritage of timber for tommorow. "

Percy

Quote from: HORSELOGGER on September 03, 2005, 10:07:58 AM
Hiya Percy... Aint seen ya around in a while, was wonderin about ya the other day ;D  Hows things ???
Heya Horselogger.
Thanks for the concern. Been busier than a three legged cat tryin to bury a turd on a frozen pond :D.  Computer time is at a precious minimum these days but Im getting it done.. ;D ;D ;D ;D
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

spencerhenry

thanks for the replies, will keep playing around with it.
sam

Thank You Sponsors!