iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

WAAAAAH I got outbid!

Started by 9shooter, August 23, 2005, 12:30:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

9shooter

Went to an auction last saturday with the express purpose to buy a Lucas sawmill. Seems this other guy wanted it more than I. I quit at $7800 and probably should have gone higher cause it had only 41 hours on it. I have 30+ logs to saw including a 5' dia. oak that some local outfit cut down and left because it was too big. Waaaaaaah. :( Guess I'll have to wait a little longer and spring for a new mill. Turns out the guy who outbib me wanted the mill for a toy cause he he doesn't have any logs to saw and isn't sure where to get some! He "just wants it to saw some oak for a horse corral for his daughter!" He lives right in the middle of the emerald ash borer quarinteen area to boot......Go figure.....
Earth First! We'll log the other planet's later!

Furby

That sounds like the mill Kelvin was talking about ???

That's what happens when someone has too much money in their pocket. :-\

woodhick

I'd really like to try that too much money in the pocket feeling sometime.  I'd better patch the holes in there first. :D :D :D
Woodmizer LT40 Super 42hp Kubota, and more heavy iron woodworking equipment than I have room for.

Chris Burchfield

I found a 25 lb. Little Giant trip hammer in Pennsilvania (?) for $1200. On a scale of 1 - 10 she was about a 7. By the time I added gas and hotel there and back to Memphis, it would have been just under $2000. Much more than I was interested in. A year later I found one 20 miles from the house for $400. On a scale of 1 - 10 she was about a 6.5. The price made her look like an 8. She works like a 10. Don't give up the ship. You have the dream or the want. I waited 18 years tracking WM mills. I got my super last month. WM has only been making them 20 years. Hang in there.
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

leweee

Don't be too disappionted 9 srooter you are probable destined to own a PETERSON anyway :D :D :D
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

Thank You Sponsors!