iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Frost Tonight

Started by chet, August 22, 2005, 11:16:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chet

But it ain't no big deal, 'cause da deer totally wiped out da garden a long time ago.  :'(
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Furby

Yup, we were in the 40's last night. 8)
Calling for 80's again on thursday though. :'(

Paul_H

What are ya doin having frost in the middle of Summer  ???  ;)
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Furby

sawguy21

Last Wednesday night  it was +2C here and over 30, that is 96F, on Sunday afternoon. If ya don't like our weather, wait an hour and it will change. It is so DanG unpredictable.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Captain

Send some of that over here   smiley_grin_earmuff

Tom

We were offficially 96 degrees F. today.  Makes you want another mint julep. ;D

Paul_H

Tom,

what the heck is a mint julep? Isn't it scandahoovian for "Merry Christmas"?  :P

Tom

It stands for "Merry" pretty much anything, Paul.    :D :D

Paul_H

I like mint but it doesn't make me merry so I'm thinkin there is somethin in the julep.  smiley_beatnik smiley_christmas

CHARLIE

I saw where da Yoopers were gonna get frost tonight.  Our Temp in New Richmond, Wisconsin is only supposed to drop somewhere into the 40's but climb back to a scorching 58 degrees by 9:00 a.m. tomorrow.

Chet ain't foolin'. Da deer done et his garden. Now he hasta mow a fenced in area cuz it's nothing but grass.........where da maters were.  
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Woodcarver

There's a prediction for frost in low lying area a little north of here. It's still 50 degrees outside, so I think we will escape it. If not I may have to look for a recipe for frost bitten tomatoes.  :(  
Just an old dog learning new tricks.......Woodcarver

SwampDonkey

There was frost along some low lying areas one day last week. It got to 42 F one morning here. Been in mid to upper fifties at night since. I usually don't get killing frost here until almost October. I've seen field corn here good untill mid october some falls. I see the Jet stream is dipped into the New England States.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

woodbowl

FROST...????  What's that?  Is that the stuff yungens scrape off the inside wall of the deep freezer? ................It's so hot here in NW Fla that it's like being on drugs or something. Everyday is a struggle for every outside worker. Those that can't get away from it wear down to a pulp by the end of the week. Those that must push hard through every weekend have a very short candle by summers end. I'll be glad when winter gets here myself! ................Then it will be too cold. >:( That 40 degree weather really slows a fellow down!  ;D
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

Roxie

Wow.  We won't have frost for at least another month.  Hey, Chet....when do your leaves change colors up there in Yooper land? 
Say when

Murf

Had frost here last night .........

Da' missus asked "Do these pants make me look fat?"  :D
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

beenthere

And Murf's answer was...........?????????

Roxie
Walnut leaves are turning and falling now.....Lots of signs of shorter days...... :) 8) 8)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Roxie

:)  It's gettin to be my favorite time of year!  Leaves on the ground, a chill in the air.....I can't WAIT to get out the sweater's!!   8)
Say when

crtreedude

Now I know it ain't fit to live up there. One minute you are roasting, the other minute you have frost.

Around here if the temperature changes 5 degrees everyone things it is either very hot, or very cold. I can barely notice it.

Very Hot = William sweats a little without a shirt
Very Cold = William has to wear a shirt

So, how did I end up here anyway?

beenthere

crtreedude

Talk all you want :) :) :)...I wouldn't have it any other way.....  8) 8) 8) :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

pappy

Frost got our garden Saturday night ... singed the tomatoes, pole beans,peppers and string beans   >:(
"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

crtreedude

That is because the sudden shifts between hot and cold has left you as unstable as the concrete after freezing and thawing....  :D
So, how did I end up here anyway?

Murf

Beenthere, that's just one of those questions that there ain't no right answer to .......  ::)

Any answer gits you in trouble, an mulitiple answers only makes it worse.  :-X

Best reply is none at all, just always have a good subject or comment in da' back of yer' mind to change the subject with.  ;)

"Do these pants make me look fat honey?"

"Wow, will ya' look at this fool on TV ! He just ............. " 

Jus' like my dear ole' pappy taught me, the bold stand and fight, the smart ones run like "H. E. double toothpicks" and live to tell about it later ......  :D
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

chet

Quote from: Roxie on August 23, 2005, 09:29:24 AM
Hey, Chet....when do your leaves change colors up there in Yooper land?

Da color is already beginning to show up.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Rockn H

Y'all are killing me. :D ;D :D  We had a couple of heat strokes around here this weekend.  It was 108 sat and sun with a heat indexes of 110.  It hit 108 again this evening. >:(

Thank You Sponsors!