iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Latest Rates?

Started by Gunny, August 20, 2005, 06:05:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gunny

Just about set to fire up the newest addition to my retirement (another Nyle L200) and I'm wondering what the latest rates/BF are.  It's been around $.30/BF in these parts (mid-MI) for a couple of years but, what with transportation, utilities, etc, going amok, I'm wondering if a hike is in order.  After all, a guy's got to survive, no?  Have any of you increased rates lately?

Ga_Boy

Debbie and I were talking about this yesterday.

A local retail wood seller just raised his 4/4 rough sawn Oak to $4.85/bf.  This is a 61% price increase.

As it turns out my fuel costs rose 60% over the pst 12 months.

I am considering raising my prices but 45%- 50% to recover my incresed fuel costs.

Anyothers like this out there?
10 Acers in the Blue Ridge Mountains

Charles

I don't do drying for a living but I have a very very small kiln that I use for myself, but I have done a few small custom jobs for my neigbours. You guys are saying that the price of drying is somewhere between 30 and 50 cents a bf.
this is my question:
If I brought in 1,000bf of lumber would you charge  me the same if it was green or was air dryed, cause green takes longer or is this by the day or am I missing something. Can yo give me a little more insight

Thanks
charles

FeltzE

I'm charging $100/week in the kiln with the Nyle 200, it pays the electric with a good profit, they need to help load or have the stock pre stickered so I can fork load it. Actually we hve been doing the drying as a part of finishing the lumber into T&G for some other folks.

Eric

Charles

Feltz
I am going to check the amp. draw on the kiln and calculate the cost per day and charge accordingly

thanks
charles

Charles

Frank

I got the drift now cause you charge $14 plus a day to dry and if it takes 20 it's 280 and if it takes 30 days it's 420 so be it. What I meant in my post was I was going to calculate my cost add my profit and charge per day so no matter what the MC of the wood I would turn a profit cause the drying is calculated daily

Thanks for the info
charles

Thank You Sponsors!