iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

ASH

Started by mac, August 20, 2005, 05:03:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mac

Anyone ever use green ash to biuld a pole barn? Customer wants me to saw the lumber in return for a frontend loader for my 180 alis tractor.

Grawulf

Hey Mac! Welcome! Are you talking green ash or green white ash or green black ash or...........? :D If it's going to be structural, definitely nail it while it's green - it'll be a royal pain if it gets too dry. I sawed enough four quarter last year to do board and batten siding for a neighbors' 30 by 60 pole barn.
Absolutely  beautiful. Sounds like a good deal to me!    Devan

mac

Its white ash that he has. costumer has not cut it yet. I wanted to look at the loader first.

fencerowphil (Phil L.)

Ummm, umm, good,  ummmm, umm good.
Powder post bettles say...
Ummm, umm, good!

(Sing to the Cambell's soup song tune.) ;D

Powder post bettles love ash! :(

Phil L.
Bi-VacAtional:  Piano tuner and sawyer.  (Use one to take a vacation from the other.) Have two Stihl 090s, one Stihl 075, Echo CS8000, Echo 346,  two Homely-ite 27AVs, Peterson 10" Swingblade Winch Production Frame, 36" and 54"Alaskan mills, and a sore back.

mac

Maybe  he will build his pole barn and the power post bettles will eat it up then I can saw him some more lumber.     smiley_devilish  maybe not!

AtLast

I used Ash in the same siding manner...plus built my sawmill shed AND outhouse outta Ash....Green ash....coated them all with linseed oil....headers and all....

Tom

The March 2004  "Wood" magazine has an article on Ash.   It says that the similarities in the grain of it and Red Oak make it a good and economical substitute for building furniture.  Most of these fellows don't talk about things like pole barns though. :D

Thank You Sponsors!