iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

TimberKing Chain Turner

Started by fstedy, August 18, 2005, 12:14:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fstedy

:-\ :-\ :-\ I have a little over 100 hours on my B 20 and I noticed that I'm starting to get wear on the top of the chainturner arm from the chain rubbing on it from heavy logs. Has anyone else had this problem?  I am thinking of either fastening a hardened wear plate under the chain or getting some hardsurfacing welding rod to put on a hard surface. I think the wear plate will work the best because it is smooth for the chain to run over.  :-\ :-\ :-\
Timberking B-20   Retired and enjoying every minute of it.
Former occupations Electrical Lineman, Airline Pilot, Owner operator of Machine Shop, Slot Machine Technician and Sawmill Operator.
I know its a long story!!!

Rockn H

Most paper and plywood mills use a teflon wear plate under their chains.  If you can find a plant that allows access to their salvage yard, you can find some nice new pieces laying around. ;D

submarinesailor

Ditto on what Rockn H say.  But, I use thin cheap cutting boards from Wally-K anytime I need dense, slick plastic.  Cut them into thin strips and bond them to the rails/tracks.

Bruce/subsailor

ladylake

My B20 wore under the chain also, I just welded the grooves after 1000 hours.  Been oiling the chain every morning now.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

fstedy

Thanks for the info. I'll give the bonded cutting board strips a try, what are you using for adhesive to bond them epoxy?
Timberking B-20   Retired and enjoying every minute of it.
Former occupations Electrical Lineman, Airline Pilot, Owner operator of Machine Shop, Slot Machine Technician and Sawmill Operator.
I know its a long story!!!

Thank You Sponsors!