iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

ms460 mods

Started by clyde, August 15, 2005, 04:05:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clyde

I would like to put a dual port mufler and a K&N air filter.. Does anyone know the part # for the muffler.
Does anyone have any thoughts on this idea, will it help, and if so why?
And the part # for the air filter woud be helpfull also.  And maybe where to get them.   If someone would buy them for me that would be the best.
clyde

fishhuntcutwood

All you need to buy is the front cover, not the whole muffler.  The front cover should be about $28, versus $60 for an entire muffler. The part number you need is 1128 140 0801.  I've got a dual port front on my 044, 440, and 460.  I see it as a standard mod on these saws.  Easy, cheap, factory authorized, warrantee-abiding, bolt-on upgrade.  It will definately help.

As far as the airfilter, I can't speak to the K&N.  I use a stock filter because I like to keep the stock filter cover on it to protect the filter when out in the woods cutting with it.  Is there a new K&N that allows the use of the stock filter cover?  If so let me know!

Jeff
MS 200T
MS 361
440 Mag
460 Mag
056 MII
660 Mag

clyde

thanks Jeff, that was very helpful, are ther any other "standard modes"?
ernie

fishhuntcutwood

It's not a performance mod, but all of my saws have full wrap handlebars on them-even the 361 as they're now available from USA Handlebars.  It's a personal preference thing.  I ran my buddy's 036 this past weekend, and it's half wrap handle bar felt awkward and restrictive to me.  Alot of guys don't like full wraps, but hey, I do, and when I get a saw it'll have one on it.

Jeff
MS 200T
MS 361
440 Mag
460 Mag
056 MII
660 Mag

rahtreelimbs

Quote from: fishhuntcutwood on August 15, 2005, 01:23:56 PM
It's not a performance mod, but all of my saws have full wrap handlebars on them-even the 361 as they're now available from USA Handlebars.  It's a personal preference thing.  I ran my buddy's 036 this past weekend, and it's half wrap handle bar felt awkward and restrictive to me.  Alot of guys don't like full wraps, but hey, I do, and when I get a saw it'll have one on it.

Jeff

Anyone have a link or phone number for USA Handlebars???
Nothing Like A  Modded Saw To Start Your Day!!![/SIZE]               Later, Rich.

fishhuntcutwood

I've gotten mine through Madsen's, and I've never spoken directly with USA.  I guess Bailey's used to carry them, but not anymore.

Madsen's only advertises handlebars for Stihl, but I've seen them for Husky's, so they're out there.

Jeff
MS 200T
MS 361
440 Mag
460 Mag
056 MII
660 Mag

Thank You Sponsors!