iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I tip my hat to the FF

Started by Off_bear_err, August 11, 2005, 03:12:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Off_bear_err

A good hat is something worthy of mention... It can keep you warm, cool, shaded, and feeling fine!

I really like this one Jeff B. gave me.
In fact when we visited Menominee Saw on the way home I got compliments on my Forestry Forum hat.

We found them after a few wrong turns and a tour of the city. :D

They gave us all one of these nice caps ....but I wouldn't trade mine for it! :D ;D

I wore this funny square cap earlier this year! When I threw it I had to be sure it didn't hit an unsuspecting bystander. Notice the mischievous look my dad has. :)

I guess my favorite is the lovely hat my chicken was sporting...She only wore it for about 5 seconds though! :D

Well.. all this is making me wonder, what kinds of hats are members of the Forestry Forum wearing?
Sawmill brat HELPER.......offbearer for my Pop!
BUZZ_SAWYER

beenthere

Off_bear_err

Here are but a few....

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

sprucebunny

I usually wear a hat like this in the summer.

And a hat like this in the winter

because a hat like this fits over them and they keep my hair out of the way.

Great graduation picture, Off-bear-err. ;D

MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Tom

Your chicken's hat looks a lot like the tin-foil hat Arky was wearing all day. :D

pigman

Here is a few of my hats. I bought two of these and the rest were given to me. That is if buying a sawmill, tractor, or alot of feed is considered free. ;D
I have others put away that I don't ever wear any more like my  "vacation" boonie hat.

Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Buzz-sawyer

Well Tom........
Arky does have a GOOD reason for wearing that there hat!
Seems those Space ship fellas have pentrated downhome security, and that foil hat is all that keeps em from stealing Arks knowledge base!!
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

UNCLEBUCK

Hi Off_bear_err ,  I asked my sister once for a fur hat with big ear flappers for a Christmas present idea so I wouldnt freeze my ears while out running chainsaw in the cold and here is what she got me .  :D :D :D   It has a 4 foot tail on it  ??? Some kind of wolf ? I just grabbed it off the wall where its been hangin since the day I opened it . Congrats on the graduation thingy too and thats the coolest chicken ever ! U.B.                                                                                                                                                     
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

Off_bear_err

beenthere,
I like that fedora a lot, it reminds me of the one Indiana Jones wears!

sprucebunny,
You sure are smart to wear a helmet, gotta protect the irreplaceables, right?

Tom, :D :D :D
I think Arky stole my idea! I was gonna make a fortune in the chicken foil hat business ;)...now I am gonna have to come up with a whole new look and have my chickens model them! That is not going to be easy for either of us, believe me! ;D

pigman,
With that many hats you'd have to wear one at a time in a rotation! Even then you'd only wear each hat 7 days a year... not to mention all the other ones you have put away!

Uncle Buck,
You are lucky to have such a snuggly cap. If I had one like that I'd wear it to bed on a cold winter night and use the tail as a scarf!!!
BUZZ_SAWYER

Jeff

Mostly I always wear a forum hat, but sometimes I borrow this one when its really sunny.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Furby

I can't show you all my furry cap, and I'm having trouble finding the box with my regular caps in.....maybe later.

Off_bear_err

Jeff,
Did the suedo Tom put up much of a fight
when you tried to take the hat away?
BUZZ_SAWYER

Jeff

Quote from: Off_bear_err on August 11, 2005, 11:35:32 PM
Jeff,
Did the suedo Tom put up much of a fight
when you tried to take the hat away?

Nah, but he sure wanted to dance with me.  Hes pretty good about letting me borrow the hat. I usually sneak up from behind and UNPLUG HIM!  :D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom

Tom.....unplugged!   :D :D

beenthere

:D :D :D :D ;D
That sounds just like some of those stories Charlie told about what he did to poor Tom :D :D :o :o ::)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Furby

Found them!
Well most of them, still missing about a dozen or better.

The three in the front are signed by the pros I was out with, none of these other then the FF hat get worn. ::)
One of these days I'm going to get a good cowboy hat. Looked at them many times, just couldn't bring myself to spend the $$$ for a good one.

Engineer

Furby, us Yankees ain't supposed ta wear cowboy hats.  I been told it makes us look just like Yankees with a cowboy hat on.   :(

But if I was to get one, it would be worth the $$$ to get a Resistol. 

For now I'm happy with a Filson packer hat - good for outdoor stuff and surveying.

pigman

Furby said "One of these days I'm going to get a good cowboy hat. Looked at them many times, just couldn't bring myself to spend the $$$ for a good one."
Furby, If you get that cowboy hat are you going to wear it backwards. ::) With some cowboy hats it would be hard to tell if they are on backwards. Maybe you could wear it sideways. ;D

Buzz-sawyer

HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Furby

:D :D :D
Actually pigman, the only real reason I wear a hat at all is to help control my hair.
I only need one for the sun once in a while, and that would be why I'd wear the cowboy hat.
Not real sure the cowboy hat would fit sideways.

pigman

Furby, I haven't needed a hat to control my hair in a long time. :( Maybe I could get a very large hat to come down over my ears and nose. ::)

ARKANSAWYER

I have had to wear the tin foil hat eversense I got back from Area 51.  It keeps the Feds from being able to locate me since I got the chip implant.  They been telling you that all them towers they is a putting up is for cell phones but we had cell phones before the towers went in?  ???  Here at home I do not have to wear the foil hat as I go up and down hills so much it is hard to track me.  Laugh if you want but I am a telling you we do not rotate around the sun just a wobbling like a top.  OOPS I hear some one coming down the drive I gots to go.
ARKANSAWYER

Thank You Sponsors!