iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bad start to my week...

Started by Tillaway, August 08, 2002, 04:06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tillaway

One of the log truck drivers hauling through LaPorte, CA wrecked just a couple of miles out of town on his way to the mill in Quincy.  Both he and his passenger were killed in the wreck. He missed a turned on ironically, one of the straighter portions of this road, and sent the load of logs through the cab as he hit the bottom of the slope.  This caused a fire that melted the truck and spread into forest.  Rescuers did not know that there was two people in the cab until another driver hauling from the side came along about an hour later.

It was fortunate actually that someone saw the wreck just after it happened and went to town to get help.  If not the fire may not have been controlled.

It kind of makes you think.
Making Tillamook Bay safe for bait; one salmon at a time.

Tom

It really makes you think.

It's a shame there was a passenger.

It also makes one wonder what happened.  

State police will surely look for  causes, Alcohol, speed, inattentivness, equipment failure.  I hope for the sake of the memory of the driver that he was conducting himself as a consumate professional.

Too many times, today, I've seen over the road truck drivers exhibiting poor judgement, speeding, bullying automobiles, following to closely etc.   It's not the kind of thing that  you would wish on the driver of a vehicle who just lost his life.  Perhaps, and this is what I would like to believe, he had an equipment failure and heroically saved others lives while forfeiting his own. With the general behaviour of truck drivers around here, I would doubt that with an accident in these woods.

I hope you can stay in touch with the situation and let us know how it turns out.

J Beyer

The driver could have had some sort of seizure or some other serious health episode that could have caused him/her to go off the road.  I just hope that they did not suffer in pain and agony before the end.

Just today I almost got into two collisions with my truck :o.  Both incidents would have been the other driver's fault.  I mean, what are some of these bad drivers thinking when switching lanes 100 feet from a stoplight when you are in the space they want to occupy  >:(?  Someone may have been coming at them head-on and the truck tried to avoid them.  Even drivers of little econo boxes try to bully me by tailgating me in a 55mph zone when I'm already going 60mph.  It would be bad for them since I drive a 4700lb 1979 F250.

If any of the family members read this forum, my condolences on your loss.

JB
"From my cold, dead, hands you dirty Liberals"

Paul_H

About 15 years ago,a truck hauling our logs broke a walking beam on the driver's side.It was on a stretch of road that had a passing lane,and he was just passed by a women in a small car.The truck,trailer and load flipped over,blocking three lanes for about an hour.The lady in the car,stopped and came back to see if John was alright,Once they helped him out of the truck,she kept going over and hugging him :D

John said that if she had hesitated while she was passing him,she would have been toast.

Not all end so well.I'm sorry to hear of the loss down your way,Till.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Thank You Sponsors!