iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pic Test

Started by DonE911, August 07, 2005, 10:48:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonE911

First try... maybe it'll work.

If it works, its a stool I made for my 3 year old so he can reach the sink to brush his teeth.

DonE911

Well it worked...

some one help though... the pic looks like poo-poo...  what do I do to make it look cleaner?

Jeff

Dont compress it quite so much. You are way under the limit on that photo so just keep the quality up some by lowering the amount that you compress it.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

DonE911

Ok...  hmmm .. gotta go back and read them instructions again.. 

Jeff what numbers am I looking for when I resize?

Furby

Under 400 pixels wide and tall, less then 20k.

DonE911

just trying one more time for a better pic

DonE911

looks much gooder to me....

is that good guys?? 

Furby

smiley_thumbsup
Looks good to me, both the pic AND the stool! 8)
Is the top cherry?

DonE911

Thanks ref the stool and the pic.

As for the wood.... its not cherry.   Maybe someone can tell me... I don't really know what it is for sure.

One old fellow that wants to "buy up some of that walnut I got" another says "thats a nice locust  top."

Its only a clear poly finish...  The bark is much thicker than the living wanuts around here.  I've got to get a book with better pic's than the small ones I can find on the net... just haven't gotten around to it.  I'm okay with the common trees when the leaves are out, but without leaves I'm not real good with tree id up here.  In Florida we had SYP, Water Oak, Live Oak, Palms, Citrus, aint got nun of them up here. The wood is very hard and I had to resharpen every 3rd cut on the 9' logs, and the wood was still wet inside.

I drug what was left of the tree up from down the hill... its been down a while... no leaves left.  I cut 10 8/4 x 9' slabs and about 10 4/4 x 9' boards.  The lower portion of the tree was rotted out, the neighbor burned half of it for firewood this past winter...  still enough left for this winter.

It's getting late, I'll post some more pic's later on...  I've got some bar stools, coffee table and a taller stool like this one, all with the same wood on the tops.

DonE911

Here a few shots of the others... all the same wood

Fla._Deadheader

Nice lookin stuff, Don.  Might try to lighten them pics a little.  I copied one and lightened it. Looks REAL good.  ;D ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

woodbeard

Definitely walnut. Looks like you been having fun! ;D

tnlogger

good looking pics Don and yup looks like walnut to me  8)
gene

DonE911

Thanks for the comments guys...

people up here love this stick furniture.  I'm the only one using hardwood, most of the local built stuff is beetle killed pine, or living pine... but all pine.  I just think the hardwoods are nicer to look at. I'm hoping others think so also, so this stuff will sell well.

thanks for the wood ID...  does the walnut bark thicken with age?  This suckers bark was nearly twice as thick as a living tree that blew down in a storm recently..... ofcourse this one was larger by far.  The coffee table top was cut from a limb that was aprox 30 feet up from the ground when the tree was standing.

Thank You Sponsors!