iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Can't go to the Piggy roast?? Why not??

Started by Captain, August 05, 2005, 11:54:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanG

Too cheap, plain and simple. ::)  I could make the excuse that I'm poor, or broke, but I've always been that way.

I ain't gonna be totally left out, though.  Woodbowl is coming over this morning.  We're gonna load up a couple of logs and head up to brdmkr's place to help initiate his sawing career.  I guess there won't be any piggy for us, but we'll keep an eye on the roadside for a reasonably fresh armadillo or sumpin.

Also talked with Customsawyer yesterday.  He's thinking of taking a little motorcycle ride today, and may end up down here too.   ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Timburr

Would have been great to meet Forestry Forum characters in person, to see what you lot are made of. :D
I normally say distance is no object as far as work is concerned......but in this case the Piggy Roast is a little TOO far for me!! :( :D
Never mind. I'll settle for the next best and enjoy many moments of webcam entertainment.   
Thanx for that Jeff. You're my hero!!
Sense is not common

Cedarman

Indian Cave Capers is this weekend for all of us people who love to go underground.  Will be going into Wyandotte Cave to do some exploring and picture taking.  The state may close the cave for good this fall because of the Indiana bats, so I want to get one last trip in.  I would love to go to piggie roast.  Make sure you have one next year.

Anyone going to wood show in St. Louis?
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Shamus

D&L Doublecut Synchro sawmill, Procut chainsaw mill, John Deere crawler loader,  F350 4x4 flatdeck, 20 ton logsplitter, running Stihls

Riles

Got a final exam on Monday. Need this one to start on the forestry classes next month. Gotta get me one of them forester logos for my personal profile.
Knowledge is good -- Faber College

Ernie

Bought my mill, can't afford the plane tickets One of these years I'll make it. 8)
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

crtreedude

I had to get ready for Harold (FloridaDeadHead) invading Costa Rica....  ;D
So, how did I end up here anyway?

Teri

Dakota

I spent all my vacation log'n and saw'n.
Dave Rinker

Teri

Looks like we didn't miss much. Nobody is saying a whole lot about the event. Must be top secret! :D :D

Furby

Yup, can't tell ya about a lot of it, the rabid monkey really messed things up. Good thing Spanky didn't make it to the roast or he may have gotten hurt.

Fact is several people are still on vacation, some taking the long way home, some taking the longer yet way home, and others just making the most of their time.
I would guess there was probly over a thousand pics taken and I don't mean from the web cam, so just sit tight. ;)

Teri

O.K.  I'll wait  :(   

But I'm not a very patient lady!  :D :D :D

From what I can tell so far looks like everybody had fun!

pigman

Had to stay home and feed the pigs. :(             
Thats right, I don't have any pigs now. I was there. 8)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

chet

Quote from: Furby on August 07, 2005, 08:32:03 PM

I would guess there was probly over a thousand pics taken and I don't mean from the web cam, so just sit tight. ;)

Bad news.....  :'(    Da big monkey ate all da film  :o   :'(
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Furby

whitepe

2nd year in a row that we missed the picnic by a day or two.
Last year doggone Kittypillar wouldn't let us leave town because of a potential work stoppage,
this year we are getting an exchange student from Germany on Aug. 15th and the
orientation meeting for host families was on Aug. 6th.   I will be leaving for
Jeffy's house in about 5 hours (Aug. 8th). Just taking a potty break in the middle
of the night.   :D
blue by day, orange by night and green in between

submarinesailor

Had to take Momma to the airport on Saturday so she can bring the daughter and new grandson home from New Mexico.  I get to pick them up at 6:00 PM tonight. ;D ;D ;D  AND I get to keep them until January at the earliest, maybe until March. 8) ;D 8) ;D 8)

Bruce/subsailor

Kirk_Allen

Quote from: Chet on August 07, 2005, 11:02:27 PM
Quote from: Furby on August 07, 2005, 08:32:03 PM

Bad news.....  :'(    Da big monkey ate all da film  :o   :'(

Weeze be waitin on dat monkey Gorilla to do his thing.  Film dont digest real well so hang in there, pics are SURE to come.   :D

shopteacher

Went to the hospital for tests Fri.  Wound up staying for three days pumping Heprin in my veins for a blood clot.  Got home Sun afternoon so didn't even get to view the webcam.  Maybe next year. 
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Tom

take care of yourself and follow directions of the Nerds in the white coats so that you can make it next year. :)

shopteacher

What I got to watch out for now is my wife. She's got to give me a shot of lovenox twice a day for the next 5 days and she getting kind of wicked with that needle.  Have to take warinfin after that.
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Thank You Sponsors!