iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Can't go to the Piggy roast?? Why not??

Started by Captain, August 05, 2005, 11:54:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain

I'll be bummed out all day on Saturday, actually started already.  I had a GREAT time last year meeting many forum personalities face to face.

This summer is just too busy for me; there is really no other reason.  I've got too many weekends planned with sawing, shows and painting the house.

If you can't go and wanted to, what is your reason??

Captain

Fla._Deadheader

Sawing, selling the house, buying houses for my two kids and moving away, all this month ???   That enough reason ???  ;) ;D :D :D :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

rbjones03

Work >:(, trying to earn a living to support my sawing habit. :),WORK,  >:( bills,  ;D , son starting college 8), work >:( Taxes, >:(, work, but mostly, WORK >:(
Peterson WPF 8 HI-LO Large Frame

tnlogger

To many doctors appt. that i couldn't get out of  I even tryed to tell it would help me mend faster but no go  ::) guess there is always next year  8)
gene

Frank_Pender

property purchase, work load committment, visit with past students of 35 years ago and some I have already forgot about due to time. :D
Frank Pender

Murf

Health, or lack of it..........  :(

They say "where there's a will, there's a way!!" .......   ::)

They're right, acccording to my meesus anyways.....

She says if I head that way, I had better have a will..............  :D  :D  :D

She's serious too, that's the really scary part.  :o
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

Ed_K

Work  >:(, and Rita's Work  8). If she didn't I'd really have to work  :o.
Ed K

flip

Local street fest (Strassenfest).  Lots of beer to drink, bull to shot, and oh yea,  I have to cook for about 100 people on Sunday >:(  I'll make it next year ;D
Timberking B-20, Hydraulics make me board quick

DR_Buck

I'm gonna be at a pig roast. Just not in Mich.   We have our own pig roast every 2 years here at the farm.  Usually  set the date sometime about a year in advance.  This time we picked the same date Jeff picked.   And, I have about 75 pepole going to show up that expect me to be here cooking the pig.

I do know one thing though.......it's going to be a lot cooler at the Mich pig roast then it is here.  I've been getting ready most of the day today and the temp peaked at 102 in the shade!   :o
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Engineer

Well, the State men's softball tournament is this weekend, and we are defending champions.  That, however, is a pretty poor excuse.   ;D

In reality, I hope we're blown out of the water soon so I can get back to working on my house and getting some office work out of the way.  Plus, the expense of going out there is a little too much for us this year.  We are hoping to make it part of our vacation plans for the whole family next year.

Roxie

My sons birthdays are August 5th & August 6th.  We are having a picnic to celebrate on Sunday the 7th. 
I am really, really glad that I went to Sawlex and got to meet some outstanding folks there. 
I'm also living vicariously and watching them on the webcam.   ;D
Say when

woodbowl

Cause.........................got too many irons in the fire.......not enough money.......not enough time........no dependable way to go...........customers jumping up and down wondering when I'm gona' get there (not a complaint).........would have to eat crow when I got back......and cause DanG didn't drink enough beer so he could sell the cans to help pay for half the trip..............gona' try for it next year though, shore nuff.   We're so depressed about it all that DanG and me have decided to have a little pig roast of our own just to feel part of yall's hoggin' around. We'll refresh the cam and take a bite every 60 seconds. It won't be the same, but we sure would appreciate it if yall' would try to eat enough for all of us that didn't make it. Maybe we can post some pics for our 1st Annual Southeastern pig roast.
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

Grawulf

Mom passed away in January and am having to build a new shop as old one was on the homestead farm. Really wanted to meet all you FFers........hope there'll be another next year. :-[

maple flats

Just too much work and tooo little time! Have too many things on my to-do list and I already went to Sawlex (which I really enjoyed) and can't afford the time away. My only good production time is from the end of June til Labor Day, after that I get interupted 5 days a week with a job. 8) ;D
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

EZ

Mother is in the hospital and oldest daughter is do any time. Hopefully next year.
EZ

HORSELOGGER

Just a bad date for me... Daughters birthday on the 6th, mine on the 7th, so lots of family stuff round here, and lots of cake and pecan pie 8) smiley_balloon_01 smiley_balloon_01
Heritage Horselogging & Lumber Co.
"Surgical removal of standing timber, Leaving a Heritage of timber for tommorow. "

RMay

Working 7 days a week and still getting behind  :( 2.30 diesel and 2200 miles but I will be watching the web cam ;D
RMay in Okolona Arkansas  Sawing since 2001 with a 2012 Wood-Miser LT40HDSD35-RA  with Command Control and Accuset .

dail_h

Dead presidents mostly,or the lack thereof
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

Tom_Averwater

I was planning to come , then my wife scheduled some surgery for  today .  Now I'm her nurse for the weekend .  8)
He who dies with the most toys wins .

sawguy21

Sounds like it will be a lot of fun but a leetle bit far for a weekend trip. My partner is on holidays, pulled rank, so I got the short straw.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

UNCLEBUCK

I was raring ready to go and got my farm work all done and my 100% scottish fiance who lives just 2 hours south of Jeff got her leg ran over by her own car so she is down and I stayed home but I am 100% going every year here after no ifs and or buts !
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

Rockn H

We were thinking about going, but as it got closer, we got more things that have to be done.  They all take money and all our spare time.  We will definately be in Hot Springs on the 13th for the forestry expo, unless one customer changes his mind A G A I N about cutting around 4500bf of cedar.  I'm ready to get that out of the way. ;D

Unclebuck, DanG your fiance really didn't want you going to come up with that excuse. :D :D ;D ;D

Seriously, I hope she didn't hurt herself to bad, I hate to hear about it.

UNCLEBUCK

Yep I would hate to have been that car after she got up off the ground ! smiley_smash
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

Rod

I'm an  introvert,i get paralyzed in a crowd

MemphisLogger

Broken mill . . . now fixed.

Broken truck . . . getting fixed Monday.

Broken bank account . . . getting fixed as soon as the the truck gets fixed to darg the fixed mill out to the jobs that piled up while it was broken.

See y'all NEXT year  :)
Scott Banbury, Urban logger since 2002--Custom Woodworker since 1990. Running a Woodmizer LT-30, a flock of Huskies and a herd of Toy 4x4s Midtown Logging and Lumber Company at www.scottbanbury.com

Thank You Sponsors!