iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What are the going rates for log length now in the new england area?

Started by oldschoolmiller, August 04, 2005, 07:22:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldschoolmiller

I am considering buying some different logs in new england, but I have no idea what to offer to be fair, I know I should contact the local forester to get the going rate, but i figured someone here might know.

Maple
Cherry
Walnut
Oak
Pine
ect.

Saw log prices and veneer quality, I am sure you guys know the routine, Thanks

oldschoolmiller

The problem is most of these guys want you to tell them what they are worth, and then they ask around, or the other way around.

I was kind of hoping for a nice direct list of prices, Thanks for the suggestion though  8)

David_c

ID4ster

Get hold of a copy of the Sawlog Bulletin, www.sawlogbulletin.com, (603) 444-2549  or (888) 290-5647 in Littleton, NH and that will give you the info you seek. You can get a single copy or subscribe. I'm not connected with the publication but I do subscribe since it gives me info on what mills in the region are paying and where the best prices are.
Bob Hassoldt
Seven Ridges Forestry
Kendrick, Idaho
Want to improve your woodlot the fastest way? Start thinning, believe me it needs it.

sprucebunny

Or find someone who is a member of New Hampshire Timberland Owners Assn. They send a quarterly report out with variatioins by region.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Craig

Hi Oldschool,

http://www.canr.uconn.edu/ces/forest/pricesht.htm

You can see the lastest stumpage prices paid to the landowner for southern New England.

Are you looking for sawlogs or tree lenght wood?

Where are you located?

Craig

Craig Martin
C.S. Martin Forest Contracting
Life, Liberty and Justice For All.
(This includes Americans)

Thank You Sponsors!