iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Buzz Sawer & Son

Started by J_T, August 04, 2005, 05:50:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J_T

Buzz Sawer & his Son Dan spent the day with me and my wife yesterday 8) We had a great visit and he took lots of photoes .Must of took the long way home as haven't seen him on line yet ??? Maybe he will post some of his pictures from his trip ??? We rode around and visited a few folks while they were here too 8) Hope some more members will visit too 8)
Jim Holloway

Tom

I llike Buzz.   I'm sure I'd like Dan too.  I know he's been raised with with a good model.  :)

Buzz-sawyer

Heres a pic of my Buddy.....One thing though.............I cant figure out why this crazy kid grows his hair like a hippy???Crazy kids....grumble grumble.. ;) ;) :D :D

HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

J_T

Time to time me and Roy both grow a little hair Then our wife's get out the weed whacker . :D :D Got a lot to be proud of Buzz never met a more mannered young man and the wife said so too 8) 8)
Jim Holloway

Furby

Don''t know why either Buzz!  ::) ::) ;D

Jason_WI

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Norwood LM2000, 20HP Honda, 3 bed extentions. Norwood Edgemate edger. Gehl 4835SXT

pigman

At least Dan has a better taste in clothes than his father did when he was young. ::)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

DanG

Yeah, Buzz was makin' some noise about visitin' me a while back, but he never showed up. :'(  Crazy hippies!  grumble grumble  ;) ;) :D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Buzz-sawyer

Now hold on DanG.......dont get your grits in a knot.....We are making our rounds based on the height of the treasure pile.......and I cant even see your place for Mr Hooties.....
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

DanG

Awww, Man!  You ain't lived until you've been to Mr Hootie's place.  My place is the OFFICIAL FORESTRYFORUM staging area for visit's to Mr Hootie's place.  His pile of treasures isn't all that tall, but the base of the pile cover's 25 acres! ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Murf

Mr. Hootie?

Heck, I'm still waitin' on Buzz ta' come an' fetch just one lonely ole' thing settin out in da woods....

25 acres could be a retirement plan for Buzz ..... for Dan too.........  :D
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

UNCLEBUCK

Great pics Buzz and what a good day you had and what a nice set up J_T ! 
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

J_T

Jim Holloway

Buzz-sawyer

Remeber Murf..............
Good junk is like fine wine...............And I will pile no junk before its time  :D
(Orson Wells wanna be)
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Murf

Ahhhh, dats it huh?

I knew der had ta be a good reason..........  ::)

Buzz-sawyer

Maybe if yall petition Dan He will get a hair cut.......... 8) 8) 8) 8)
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Murf

::) If a crowd had petitioned you 25 years ago would you have gotten a hair cut?   :D

Buzz-sawyer

YEP.....I probably would of dyed it black and cut off the sides to make it a mohawk :o :o :o :o 8) 8) 8) 8) OH, YEA!!
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Furby

Sorry Buzz, gotta back Dan here, no reason to cut it!
Of course, I may be a bit bias. ;)
You don't really want him to get a mohawk anyways.......do you ??? ;D

Buzz-sawyer

Quote from: DanG on August 04, 2005, 09:28:37 PM
Yeah, Buzz was makin' some noise about visitin' me a while back, but he never showed up. :'(  Crazy hippies!  grumble grumble  ;) ;) :D :D
HEY watta ya think of me now Dan......rode the hootie :D
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

DanG

Yup, that you did, Buzz.  You even drove it SOLO ::)  It's sort of a noisy beast, but I think I heard at least one YAHOOOO as you trundled across the yard. ;D 8) :D :D :D

Kirk_Allen

If you weren't there to actually see him on the hootie mobile and could only hear all the ruccess you would have sworn he was riding a wild pony  :D :D

Buzz-sawyer

I shouted because hootie jr was telling me a funny story about loading up ordinance that was on the way to Viet nam............ for those funny whirrly jiiger planes that fly straight up.......

seems they had the words ,"Only grits are more deadly......" printed on them......

Now, eat mo collards (whatever those are?) ;) ;)8) 8) 8)
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

DanG

Now Buzz-man, I disstinkly recollect takin' your carcass out to the garden and showin' you a Collard.  If you and that other fella hadn't been so anxious to get to Mungummry, I woulda cooked ya up a mess of'em on the old Dodge wheel.  You never woulda fergot that, and wouldn'a worried about that steak you missed in Jacksonville. ::)

Buzz-sawyer

Well I seriously doubt I would have ever forgotten it either......................
Ya know them things kinda look like what we throw away when we pick the garden.....we keep the good part.....................
Hey, i am willing I made one youth ful indescretion in regards to the the untimely, and ill fated gestation of the gtits................so I suppose the collards couldnt kill me????? :)
I do recall the indoctrination about greens.....but it seems like you were doin all the scoldin 8)
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

isawlogs

So Dang , what are Collards ...  them like grits another word for something that already has a name ...  ??? :P :P :P
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

beenthere

I looked it up. Interesting comparison to gritz, as in Europe they grow collards for cattle fodder.  ;D

kale

borecole  (bôr´kōl) , and collards, common names for nonheading, hardy types of cabbage (var. acephala and sometimes others), with thick stems and curly leaves, belonging to the family Cruciferae (mustard family). They are grown for greens and, in Europe, for fodder. In the Channel Islands a tall fodder variety, known as Jersey kale, Jersey cabbage, or cow cabbage, grows to more than 7 ft (2.1 m). Kale (or kail) is a cool-weather crop–frost improves the flavor. In the United States the principal commercial growing regions are in Virginia and on Long Island. Kale is closest in form to the wild cabbage. In Scotland the word kale is used for cabbages of any kind. Sea kale is a European herb of another mustard genus Crambe, found along the northern coasts and often used as a potherb. Kale, borecole, and collards are all classified in the division Magnoliophyta, class Magnoliopsida, order Capparales, family Cruciferae.  
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

WeeksvilleWoodWorx

Collards is fodder?, I believe them is fightn' words. Don't get between a Carolina boy and his collards, especially if they been cooked with a touch of hot red peppers! 8) 8) 8)
Brian - 2004 LT40HDG28 owner.

DanG

Oh yeah, Weeksy, them cattleses just love their collards. Just let one get in yer garden and see what happens!  They ain't stoopid.

Thank you, Beenthere, for that scientifical definition.  Things is a little more simpler around here, though.  Collards is groceries! ;D

WeeksvilleWoodWorx

I saw 'kale' in that post. Kale is not collards. They grow both around here but nobody eats kale. Got me wondering what they do with it.

According to google:

Collard greens have a much softer, sweeter taste than kale. When you combine the two greens in the same dish, the mild collard flavor mitigates the sharpness of the kale.

I'm guessin the local farmers sell the kale to the yankees!
Brian - 2004 LT40HDG28 owner.

Don_Papenburg

I thought that collards was polled thistles    ;D   Thornless weeds.
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Thank You Sponsors!